Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Advice for liking someone who lives far away

Random_donRandom_don Posts: 6 Confirmed not a robot
Hi guys,

So basically I've been learning Russian for about a year now and I've also been talking to this girl in Russia for roughly about the same length of time, and I think I might actually like her (as in like like). I don't really know what to do, because I haven't told her and don't really know whether I should, I don't want her to cut me off if she doesn't feel the same way, and on the other hand, if she says she does feel the same, then I don't know how to work a relationship long distance. Plus there's the added bonus that she doesn't speak English fluently (а моя русская языка очень плохо тоже)* so she might misunderstand what I'm trying to say.I'd really appreciate any advice anyone can give me about what to do.

*that means that my Russian is bad

Comments

• Options
    DavidDavid Posts: 92 Budding Regular
    How are you communicating with her? Phone calls, texts, webcam, email, letters?

The Russian government is hostile to Westerners, so I wouldn't advise going there. Unless she's going to visit/move close to you, you'll be unlikely to meet her.
  • Options
    amy02amy02 Moderator Posts: 162 Helping Hand
    Hey @Random_don sorry to hear that you're a bit confused with the situation. It's often best to be open about your feelings - perhaps you could discuss what you want the relationship to be? It might help you know where you stand. I appreciate the language difficulty must be very difficult though :'(