Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Idk

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,985 Community Veteran
Wats 'mental resilience' and wats the '5 ways of well-being'
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    cc_ilariacc_ilaria Posts: 79 Budding Regular
    ellie2000 wrote: »
    Wats 'mental resilience' and wats the '5 ways of well-being'

Hey Ellie! <3 how are you doing?

From my understanding, I believe mental resilience is about your ability to cope with any difficult situations/events that happen in your life. It’s the ability to bounce back from challenges, setbacks, or stressors. It involves the capacity to adapt, maintain a positive mindset, and cope effectively with difficult situations, without letting them significantly impact your mental wellbeing. :)

‘5 ways of well-being’ from what i’ve seen in the past (apologises if this is different from what you were asking) are a set of actions to promote healthy wellbeing:

Connect: Building and maintaining positive relationships with others. Connect with family, friends, communities etc. To help contribute to a sense of belonging and support

Be Active: Engage in regular physical activity. This could be anything from walking and cycling to more intense exercises. Which is then also good for mental wellbeing!

Take Notice: Be mindful and pay attention to the present moment. Notice the beauty around you, be curious, and savor the present. This can involve being aware of your thoughts and feelings or simply appreciating the environment.

Keep Learning: Engage in lifelong learning and continuous personal development. This can involve acquiring new skills, taking up new hobbies, or pursuing educational interests. Learning contributes to a sense of accomplishment and boosts self-esteem.

Give: Contribute to the well-being of others and your community. Acts of kindness, volunteering, or simply helping others can enhance your own sense of purpose and happiness. Giving to others fosters a positive social environment.

Heres a helpful post with some more information tooo https://mind.org.uk/workplace/mental-health-at-work/five-ways-to-wellbeing/

I hope this helps, always here for you 🫶🏻

• Options
    edited December 2023
    @cc_ilaria I wake up n I surprised everything's hunky dory everyday. Wat is tht? R feelings leftover? 😫
    Is tht the day after trauma feeling?
    Wat steps do I take to feel normal/comfortable in my own setting? 😊
    In the here n now
    How do u conquer stress too?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    @cc_ilaria ppl say 'why aren't u living in today'
    I was tempted to say stfu haha
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Hey hey @ellie2000 ! <3

I don't want to misunderstand what your saying at all. Just to check are you saying you wake up surprised that everything is great/pleasant everyday and you're wondering if it's the day after trauma feeling?

Everyone's different, but for me personally I find it helpful to carry around with me (or have something nearby) that reminds me of positive, happy and calming times and memories. This can help me feel comfortable in settings, even if its just holding the item (for me it's a little teddy I got, on a trip out when things were great and felt awesome) just a small thing with some happy memories. I also find taking breaks, having some 'me' time and creating a safe space that I can go to at home when I'm feeling not so great helps too. I like making little flashcards, those help me in moments to remind my brain that everything going to be okay. Just some quotes, or sayings that make me feel happy and reassure me :) sometimes in tough moments it can be hard to search through our brains and find those sorts of things. So having them written down physically I find great!

It's definitely hard and can feel confusing and weird when things are so good, and you wake up feeling great... especially if you're not used to this or have been through a tough time in the past. Healing from any traumas and reminding yourself you're safe and not in that situation anymore can be hard.. and it's a journey, it might not happen so quick. But its definitely possible, and will get easier 💜

Take care of yourself, we are here if you'd like to chat/share anymore

:)
  • Options
    @cc_ilaria I wake up feeling lost and like something is missing
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Until I take my medz
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    I wake up still surprised I'm in a nice atmosphere
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Hey @ellie2000 (: do you find your meds are helpful to you?

I'm glad you're in a nice atmosphere, but I hear that is surprising for you. Do you know the reason why this surprises you?

💜
  • Options
    @cc_ilaria without the meds wen I'm out I dart about the place and trust goes out the window. I had narcissistic ppl around me and they covered for each other (stupid humans)
    Wen everything was goin on. They put me in a flat which falling down. Nd I used wake up in a soaked bed. Bc I felt unsettled with stuff. I was getting worried about if someone was goin to visit coz I dreaded wen social workers rang. I had noisy neighbours and next door neighbours who were dr_g users who was squatting. I was pretty scared. F-ck my life (laughy face) I have ptsd which includes afew sexual assaults I was younger
    Thts y I need ongoing support and see the world as I do. So the world was a scary place
    Everything is good now but sometimes I wish tht a night would last 4eva.
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Hello @ellie2000 :) it sounds like you've been through such a tough and traumatic time, and I can understand why the world must seem so scary when you have ptsd from all you have been through. I'm really glad everything is good for you now and you're not in that situation anymore. I'm so sorry this happened to you

I'm glad the meds help with some things, and getting ongoing support sounds great and really helpful. I hope you're finding that beneficial ♡

I wish you all the best and healing ❤️
    Always here if you want to chat