Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The Mix's guide to FUNdraising ✨

GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 610 Incredible Poster
edited November 2023 in Work & Study
Would you like to help make a difference this Christmas? Fundraising can have a huge impact for young people across the UK, and can be a lot of fun too!

See our guide below on handy tips for getting started on your fundraising journey, and check out our full fundraising pack created by young people.

Have you ever fundraised before? Let us know what you fundraised for and what you did below... 👇

For me, I used to fundraise for Comic Relief/Sport Relief every year during my school years. I did some ridiculous things to raise money like a baked bean bath, climbing one of our local hills dressed as clown, eating only red food & drink for the day... and other random things!!

Alt text spoilered:
FUNdraising for The Mix!

Together we can make a lasting difference for young people around the UK.

How to let your supporters know what we do at The Mix

The Mix is the UK's leading digital charity for under 25s, reaching over 6 million young people each year with free and confidential support on any and every issue.

The power of your pound

Every £1 you raise will make a huge difference to the lives of young people.

£1 promotes a Mix young ambassador sharing their story to campaign for change on social.

£15 trains a volunteer moderator on a community - a free and confidential "youth club online" for young people.

£25 funds a life-saving call to our helpline, so an isolated young person can speak to a trained volunteer about any issue from suicidal thoughts to family issues.

£50 funds a counselling session for a young person struggling with their mental health to build coping skills and resilience.

Setting up an online FUNdraiser

The simplest way to ask friends, family or colleagues to sponsor you is to set up an online sponsorship page.

Here's how:
  1. Head to justgiving.com and select The Mix as your charity, follow the instructions to set up your page.
  2. Choose your fundraising target, title and team members if you have them. Tell people why you are fundraising for The Mix and how their donation can make a difference to the lives of young people.
  3. Once your page is set up: share, share, share! Share your link amongst your contacts and via socials to encourage donations.

opbimreobo1h.jpg

qa9fakqdgm1c.jpg

b3cuh2lxb1xd.jpg

na2shnkxpek5.jpg

mu0r969x6fon.jpg

s5vje8swqgqg.jpg

You can also view the post over on our Instagram page - https://www.instagram.com/themixuk
Post edited by TheMix on