Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How can I get a lot of sex whilst single?

DavidDavid Posts: 92 Budding Regular
edited December 2023 in Sex & Relationships
I love having sex. I also love being single. How can I combine those & frequently have no-strings sex whilst staying 100% free & single?
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,895 Extreme Poster
    Hi @David, welcome to the forum! Would you be able to explain a little more about your situation, for context?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    What would be helpful to explain about my situation?
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,895 Extreme Poster
    So for instance, is there something you've experienced that leads you to ask for support today? So that we can understand the context behind the question. We're here to support you :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    I'm completely failing in my aim of getting frequent sex whilst single. I hated being in relationships & much prefer being single. What's missing from my life is sex, so I'm here to gain advice & info regarding how to get lots of no-strings, heterosexual sex. The two things I love the most are sex & the freedom of single life, so I'd love to combine them.
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,320 Part of The Furniture
    @David what has your approach to this been so far?
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    None of my female friends, acquaintances, colleagues etc. are sexually attracted to me, but I've tried meeting other girls through them. I've tried dating & hookup sites. I've tried going to pubs, bars, nightclubs, parties etc. I've got nowhere; I've just wasted time, money & effort on disappointingly sexless dates with girls who don't want me.

There are many things I dislike about being in a relationship, but only one thing I like, which is sex. I'm glad to be free & single again, but I miss having sex. Ideally, I'd have several sex buddies, but even having one - or just occasional flings - would be a major improvement on my current, frustratingly celibate life.
  • Options
    @David when you go on these dates, do you at least try to make friends with them first?

Keep in mind that even a casual relationship is still a relationship, and the people you meet will want to have fun, feel connected to you, and feel wanted as a person. Correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like you're going into this with a much more detached attitude, which could be the issue.

With the exception of paid sex workers, the people you date (even the ones who want casual sex) will want it to be more than just a transaction.

How do those dates usually go? What do you talk about? It might help to know a little more about how the interactions between you and your dates go so we can unpack it a little.
  • Options
    When I've tried being friends first, I usually get trapped in the friend zone. There are major differences in what is sought in a friend compared to a lover. If she's not attracted to me, being friends with her for a week, fortnight, month etc. won't create attraction in her for me. I'm very different to my female friends' lovers, so it's obvious that I'm not their type.

I'd much prefer to be detached from most aspects of the lives of my future lovers, and even more importantly to not have anything to do with their families & friends. I don't want the burden of trying to prove I'm good enough for their daughter/sister/niece/friend.

I don't want it to be a transaction at all; I want it to simply be that she & I are quickly attracted to each other, so we choose to have sex together. Most dating is transactional in so much as he's paying for the costs of the date, which is him paying her for her time & attention. It's often said that the burden of paying for dates is on the person who asks for it, but in the vast majority of cases that person is male. There's no significant push by any organisation or movement for there to be gender equality in dating, so it remains expensive if you're male.

Being sex buddies isn't being in a relationship. If I played chess with someone regularly - but that's all we did - I'd not be in a relationship with my chess buddy.

I've tried various clothes, locations, activities & topics of conversation on dates. In most cases, a first date is a sexless dead end; she doesn't want sex or a second date because she's not (sufficiently) attracted to me.

I've tried double dates & group dates. The problem there is that my friends are more appealing than I am, so I'm worse in comparison. Often they get first-date sex when I'm lucky to get a one-second kiss. I don't know how to compete with lads who have more height, money, charm etc. than I do.
  • Options
    sputniksputnik Posts: 82 Budding Regular
    I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure most people who go on actual dates don't do it purely to have sex with the person and nothing else (unless that's explicitly stated and agreed right at the start, before they go on the date) so is there any point in going on dates with people if you don't have any interest in knowing them as a person or having any kind of relationship other than a sexual one (and yes, a sexual relationship is very much a relationship, just as a chess buddy is a type of relationship, even if you're not properly friends and only ever meet to play chess). Most likely the people you're dating are looking for some level/form of emotional connection and involvement, and many people aren't interested in having sex if they don't feel an emotional connection to the person (although of course that's not the case for lots of people). Have you made it clear to people right from the start that you want a casual, sexual relationship? If you can find someone who's looking for the same thing, that would help I'd imagine! 🙂
    I know you fought hard as hell

but let this sink in

you do not have to fight by yourself

~ lyrics from Willow by The Little Unsaid
  • Options
    David wrote: »
    Being sex buddies isn't being in a relationship. If I played chess with someone regularly - but that's all we did - I'd not be in a relationship with my chess buddy.
    I guess I meant that it's a relationship in the broadest sense. You're not in a relationship, but you have a relationship. In the same way that I have a relationship with my parents and my friends, but I'm not in a relationship with them. You wouldn't be in a relationship with your chess buddy, but you would have a social relationship with them based around playing chess.

My only point there was to say that you have a connection together (even if it's oriented around casual sex) and that requires certain things - a healthy dynamic, kindness, listening, etc.

From my experience talking to female friends and family (even ones who have had casual relationships), most of them will heel turn if they think a guy is literally JUST looking at them as a vessel for sex. Everyone wants to feel engaged with and valued as a person.

I can't help but notice you're writing this off as a problem with your attractiveness when there are so many factors that make up someone's connection with you.
    If she's not attracted to me, being friends with her for a week, fortnight, month etc. won't create attraction in her for me.
    I'd like to challenge this - this definitely doesn't feel true to my experience, or the experiences my friends have had that we've talked about. It's quite possible that, as your connection with someone builds, they become attracted to you. Building that connection in itself may be difficult, and a lot of it can rely on having certain social skills or listening skills to bring you closer to someone.
    Most dating is transactional in so much as he's paying for the costs of the date, which is him paying her for her time & attention. It's often said that the burden of paying for dates is on the person who asks for it, but in the vast majority of cases that person is male. There's no significant push by any organisation or movement for there to be gender equality in dating, so it remains expensive if you're male.
    You're right that in traditional, straight circles, there are really damaging expectations around gender roles (like men paying the bill) that are quite prevolent.

Once you get into more alternative, progressive, queer, or just 'different' social circles, people are a LOT more open to doing things differently. If those traditional gender roles are having that much of an effect, it may be the types of women you're looking for.

Out of interest, what kinds of people do you usually go for? And what do you say to the girl before you meet them? Do they know you're looking for strictly casual sex?
  • Options
    Among heterosexuals, paying for everything on dates is still standard - regardless of age, religion, socioeconomic status, occupation, political allegiance, intelligence, educational attainment etc. Feminists are selective in where they want gender equality. They aren't aiming for gender equality in general; they don't want it in dating or sex. Obviously it's different with LGBTQ people, but that's irrelevant because I'm not attracted to people who are trans &/or male.

Women have sex whenever they want to, as often as they want to; they're the sexual gatekeepers. Men have sex when they can get it. Millions of people - the large majority of whom are male - go on dates primarily or solely to get sex. The large majority of people who love casual sex are male, so the competition is intense among hetero males for the far smaller number of female casual sex lovers. That's why the vast majority of people on hookup sites are male & never get any sex through them. The tiny number of female members of those sites pick the Chads & ignore the vast majority on looks alone.

Millions of men who'd much rather be single & enjoy a lot of casual sex are in relationships only because they got little or no sex when single. They choose to get into relationships solely as a means of getting (semi-)regular sex. They're paying a huge price for that: spending a great deal of time, money & effort as well as sacrificing their freedom, just to avoid celibacy. I've had many male acquaintances who've been in that unhappy situation.

I know that my looks are a major impediment to my sexual success while single. I have male friends, colleagues etc. who are significantly better-looking than me who often get sex on the first day they meet girls. They don't do or say anything that I don't, nor do so in better ways. They have handsome privilege.

I've tried various approaches & strategies, but never succeed in getting sex whilst single.
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,945 Extreme Poster
    I don't really want to get involved into this conversation because this is definitely not something I know much about :sweat_smile: but I've actually seen this video today that talks about a lot of these topics and I think its really good! So I thought I might link it here:

Take care (:
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    That video obviously can't help me make any progress towards my clearly-stated goal.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    It seems you're unhappy with the replies given so far, but what kind of advice do you actually expect from us? Your position seems to be that the world is against you on this issue - I can understand how you feel, however to a certain extent... That's life, I guess? I can't comment on the 'men always paying for dates' thing cos I've never been on a date and personally would HATE it if the man paid for everything, that would feel weird and unfair and I would be uncomfortable with that (but I get that that's just my experience and that the status-quo in our culture may be very different). Different people have different sex drives, yes. A lot of it is down to evolution and biology, a lot of it is down to personal preference.

Have you considered that by solely pursuing a sex-only relationship, you might be cutting yourself off from other opportunities/possibilities? I know it's important to have some idea of what you'd like in a relationship and that there's nothing wrong with a sex-only arrangement, but you never know what may happen - you might find a woman who wants that too, only to find you actually fall in love with her. You might find it doesn't work out. You might find it goes well but that it's not quite the no-strings-attached relationship you expected. I dunno, just a thought.

(Not wanting to turn this into a debate, but may I just add that there is a lot of stigma surrounding women having casual sex (or having sex at all) so it's not quite the 'free-for-all' for women that you seem to think.)

We cannot give you a solution, we can listen and give support and advice. It's up to you what you do with that advice.

but let this sink in

• Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,945 Extreme Poster
    That video obviously can't help me make any progress towards my clearly-stated goal.

Sorry, I was worried the video might appear a bit rude based on your situation. I didn't mean it that way. Besides, I never said the video was gonna help with your goal, I just said it discusses a lot of the points that you made, so I thought it would be beneficial to share it here in case anyone wanted to watch it (or even you to get to see the other side of things). It is literally a video I myself watched today. Hope that's okay.
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    The best replies would be advice about how to get what I'm looking for, preferably from those who get plenty & therefore know what to wear, where to go, what to say etc.

I know what I want & don't want. The difficulty I'm having is getting it. Being in relationships made me very unhappy; I much prefer being single.

• Options
    If you're not prepared to do any self-reflection and try to understand anyone else's point of view, I think you're very unlikely to find what you're looking for. A person is not an object created for the sole purpose of sex, no matter how casual the relationship may be. It's all very well to say 'I want what I want, how do I get it' - you're not talking about purchasing a new fridge here, it's not a simple, straightforward thing. Relationships, sex and all that jazz are different with everyone you meet, there's no one thing you can do or say that is guaranteed to attract the 'right' people to you. You haven't really answered any of the questions you've been asked that might give us enough information to make more meaningful and appropriate suggestions.

but let this sink in

• Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 The Mix Regular
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    monalimonali Posts: 3 Newbie
    JJLemon18 wrote: »

Sorry, I was worried the video might appear a bit rude based on your situation. I didn't mean it that way. Besides, I never said the video was gonna help with your goal, I just said it discusses a lot of the points that you made, so I thought it would be beneficial to share it here in case anyone wanted to watch it (or even you to get to see the other side of things). It is literally a video I myself watched today. Hope that's okay.

I think,
    No need to apologize! I appreciate your clarification. Sharing a video for discussion is a thoughtful gesture. Different perspectives can be enlightening. Thanks for considering everyone's feelings, and it's absolutely okay.
  • Options
    Many do get straight down to no-strings sex on the first night, so it's not impossible or rare. I'm not expecting a 100% success rate, but my success rate at getting sex whilst single is 0%. Some of my single male friends & colleagues often get first-night sex. What they all have in common is that they're much better-looking than me, so looks obviously are crucial. The large majority of the male population want casual sex, but a small minority of them get the large majority of the casual sex that's being had. I want my life to be more like that of my good-looking male friends & acquaintances - lots of sex without any relationship, commitment etc. It'd be like having chess buddies whom I play chess with regularly, except the activity is sex rather than chess.

I love the freedom of being single & I don't ever want to go through the hell of being in a relationship again. I'd rather not even go on dates; I'd rather get straight down to sex without the cost, stress & time spent on dating. I'm certain that I want to reach the age of 100 having had loads of lovers but never having been in a relationship from now until then.

I've been very clear throughout this thread about what I want & don't want. I've answered all questions here as best I can. I'm looking for lots of sex without anything else, just like my male friends & colleagues who are taller & better-looking than me currently get.
  • Options
    Rose113Rose113 Deactivated Posts: 1,159 Wise Owl
    I'm looking for lots of sex without anything else, just like my male friends & colleagues who are taller & better-looking than me currently get.
    so can't you ask them? They may be able to offer more action advice cos they will know you well enough.
    The thing is on here we don't really know who you are or nothing so we have no relationship that's been built up over a period of time so that means its harder for us to help you.

I know nothing about the topic of sex and stuff but I hope these articles may be able to help a little or you could try calling Brook or somewhere like that.

the articles

https://lifehacker.com/how-to-start-a-casual-sex-relationship-1849350310#:~:text=“You can just say, ',that simply and directly, too.

https://kotaku.com/ask-dr-nerdlove-how-can-i-have-more-casual-hookups-1798431590

https://www.wikihow.com/Get-Into-a-Casual-Relationship
    ✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    I'm certain that I want to reach the age of 100 having had loads of lovers but never having been in a relationship from now until then.
    I'm confused by the use of the word 'lover' here - you've said you want a casual sex buddy type relationship, with no emotional involvement, yet you also use the word lover in a context where there is supposedly no love. I would question whether you're as certain about what you want as much as you think? :confused:

but let this sink in

• Options
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    I've asked my sexually successful single male friends, colleagues etc. for advice & have copied what they do. That doesn't bring me success because I lack their height, good looks, athleticism etc. Some of them have similar personalities, social skills etc. as me, so it's clearly my looks which are the main barrier to me becoming sexually successful whilst single.

I used the word lover because it means people who have sex together. It includes flings, sex buddies etc. All the other terms I could think of (such as girlfriend, cohabitee, partner, other half, sweetheart, significant other, squeeze) imply or state a bigger connection. Not all lovers are in love - a person could have four current lovers & not be in love with any of them.

All of my relationships made me unhappy. I only got into them as a means of getting sex & because of pressure from people criticising me for being single & telling me that it's usual to be half of a couple. Each relationship was all of the following: boring, complicated, miserable, restrictive, expensive, stressful & time-consuming. I'm certain of what I want & don't want. Those relationships have confirmed my aims.
    Post edited by David on
  • Options
    Rose113Rose113 Deactivated Posts: 1,159 Wise Owl
    Im not sure how you want us to help because the stuff we suggest doesn't seem like something you want.
    ✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨
  • Options
    I can't see how I could be more clear about what I'm trying to achieve. It's something that many people enjoy, so it's not ridiculous or outlandish. I want to join them, but am being barred entry to the hookup culture which only about 20% of the male population are allowed access to. I don't fit the looks criteria, so I'm barred from having the sex life I'd much prefer.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    I've tried many things to improve my sex appeal, including those you suggest. I can't make myself tall or my face handsome.

Of course people vary a lot in what they find attractive. I'm not expecting all, most or half of the girls I fancy to want sex with me. However, I'm understandably very disappointed that none of them do.

Most men say they've had more lovers than they've actually had. Most women say they've had fewer lovers than they've actually had. I know for certain that some of my single male friends, colleagues etc. are sexually successful because I've seen/heard them achieving some of that success. Of course they may be exaggerating, but they're clearly doing significantly better than average.

I need to find someone attractive in order to have sex with her, but I don't have a specific type. If I'd had sex with every girl I've found attractive I'd have had hundreds. I'm not being too choosy.

She wouldn't be handing me her body; she & I would be enjoying no-strings sex together, recreationally.
  • Options
    I've tried many things to improve my sex appeal, including those you suggest. I can't make myself tall or my face handsome

But, neither can we... and as they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I feel like your attitude isn't assisting you, and you're doing yourself a disservice by concluding you're not attractive enough for other people - a lot of people aren't attracted on looks alone, and will want more than just a sexual relationship. That's not to say what you want is impossible, just that it's not necessarily simple and straightforward either. There are reasons why people may not want to jump straight into a sexual relationship, other than just not being attracted to the other person. You can't control how people are attracted to you, but that doesn't mean you're not good enough, or that it's anyone else's fault. Some things just happen when they happen :)

but let this sink in

• Options
This discussion has been closed.