Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Time

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
Why does time go quickly wen we sleeping
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• genderless_fungigenderless_fungi Moderator Posts: 197 Trailblazer
    Hi @ellie2000 ,
    How are you doing?

Hm, that's an interesting question -- I think it probably has something to do with the fact that we are less conscious of our environment, when we sleep our brain processes and stores information and the lack of awareness may contribute to not 'feeling' the passing of time -- however, I'm not really sure. Why do you think time passes quickly? Is there a particular reason why you're asking?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
    @genderless_fungi I had a gd day, but bad day. I had Danish porridge 😀 and bad bit was some little rags came to where I lived and threw chip's n started waving lit greasy paper about. Dw police had been informed 😊
    I thought I got away frm Pandejas haha
    R parents falling?
    Crazy mad insane
  • KBee99KBee99 Posts: 66 Boards Initiate
    @ellie2000 I believe time feels like it’s going faster because we are not aware of what time it is while we sleep. We do dream every night, but we hardly ever remember our dreams in full. This often makes it seem like we go to sleep and instantly wake up the next minute. May I ask what has caused this question to enter your mind? :)