Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Thread Notifications

Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,154 Part of The Furniture
On some of the threads - not all of of them, the “ X new” notification next to the thread title doesn’t disappear even though Ive read that thread and the latest comments. I keep thinking I’ve not read something on some threads when I have , it’s just the notification isn’t disappearing 🤣
Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.

Comments

• Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,813 Master Poster
    I have been having that issue as well. No idea what it is though. Have you tried logging into your account from another device or browser?
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    Would you mind linking the threads this happens on @Millie2787 @Dancer? I think I know what the problem might be but will wait to see which discussions it is first. :)
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    @JustV i know one of them is the thread in health and well-being section , the Neurodivergence category one - I can probs find some others when I’ve got 5 mins
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    @JustV Your thread about how many PMs you send and the one about the mix annual survey, are also a couple of other threads that are doing the same thing.
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    Perfect, thank you @Millie2787. :)

So this is actually a side-effect of a 'bump' button moderators have access to. We use it to move discussions to the top of the forum without having to pin them. We did that for both of those threads you mentioned, and I noticed it was happening to me with those discussions too.

If this is super annoying for people, we can start bumping posts with actual posts instead rather than using the bump button. I imagine that would be simpler for everyone. :tongue:
    The truth resists simplicity.