Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Parents r making me sad

Hi everyone:
So I’m new to this community, and I have a question
What to do when your parents are making you sad? Like my mom is scaring me
She makes sensitive comments about my slightly fat body and I don’t like it
But she says it’s just “CaRiNG” for me
I just don’t want to go back home I want to stay at school with my friends
Replies are appreciated :)
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Terry8936Terry8936 Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    @TheChillPersonIsHere It's essential to address such situations and prioritize your mental and emotional well-being. Here are some steps you can consider:

- Talk to Your Mom: Communicate with your mom calmly and assertively about how her comments make you feel. Let her know the impact it has on your self-esteem and mental health. Sometimes, parents might not realize the harm they're causing, and honest communication can be eye-opening.

- Set Boundaries: Express your need for emotional support and respect. Let her know what comments are hurtful and request that she refrains from making them. Explain that you need an environment where you feel loved and accepted for who you are.

- Seek Support: Talk to a school counselor, teacher, or another trusted adult about your situation. They can provide guidance and potentially facilitate a conversation with your mom to help her understand your feelings.

- Focus on Self-Care: It's crucial to prioritize self-care and maintain a strong support network. Spend time with friends, engage in activities you enjoy, and focus on building your self-esteem.

Remember that you deserve a nurturing and supportive environment. It's okay to seek help and support when you're facing difficult situations at home. Your well-being is essential, and there are resources available to assist you during challenging times.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.