Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Today

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,008 Community Veteran
edited October 2023 in Sex & Relationships
I met some friends today tht were nice but I went back to my coping strategy. How do I not think I'm a bad person? Coz I used to get judged
Crazy mad insane
Post edited by Laura_tigger82 on

Comments

• Options
    JimetteJimette Posts: 85 Budding Regular
    @ellie2000 If you have bad feelings about yourself, my best tip is to not let them define yourself. Instead, focus on the good feelings about yourself, and be the best version of yourself possible~ :wink:
    Wild Hearts Never Die~ >:3
  • Options
    genderless_fungigenderless_fungi Moderator Posts: 159 Helping Hand
    edited October 2023
    Hi @ellie2000
    In my experience when we are used to having a certain reaction to something it's difficult to change how our brain processes it - though hopefully as we have more and more good experiences we start making more healthy associations. It might take time but I hope you'll be able to leave behind your coping strategy. In the meantime it might be useful to build self-esteem and as @Jimette said to start working on viewing yourself in a more positive light. Let us know how you're doing :)
    Post edited by JustV on
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.