Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Am I strange?

Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,051 Community Veteran
Sorry its that I must be weird for liking the things I like. Im self destructive in nature god I hate myself so much I dont want to be me anyway. So one of my hyperfixations is charlie and the chocolate factory the inventing room bluberry scene excites me whenever i watch it. then i look it up on wiki and on devin art as people make art of the scene and stuff and its become a kink kind of thing. I think I creeped myself out a bit stupid dull me for liking certain kinks. Am I weird for liking this scene does this make me a perv?.
Just a person who likes pop culture and films

Comments

• Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,942 Extreme Poster
    Hiya. I don't think this makes you weird or strange or stupid or a perv. Although everyone is kinda strange if you think about it ;) I'd say just try not to think about it too much, and if watching that scene worries you then maybe try your best to avoid it in the future. Everyone has their own 'kinks' and stuff, whether they share them or not, and that's okay. I noticed you talk about yourself quite negatively, try telling yourself something positive! And remember to treat yourself with lots of care! Sending hugs <3
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    Thank you @JJLemon18 but really it is weird smh
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,942 Extreme Poster
    @Amy22 if you say so. But if you look at the definition of the word 'weird' it just means something is strange or unnatural, maybe being weird isn't that bad after all? I consider myself weird too, and that's okay! :)
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    @JJLemon18 Actually when you do look at it maybe being 'weird' is a good thing. I've always felt I had to have a high standard of myself all the time in fear of being exposed as the 'monster' I really am inside. The truth is I woulden't say Im a nice person at all I guess I appear nice. But thank you though for helping me I appreciate it <3
  • Options
    Terry8936Terry8936 Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    @Amy22 It's important to understand that people have a wide range of interests and preferences, including those related to various forms of art, entertainment, and media. It's not unusual for individuals to have hyperfixations or strong interests in specific scenes, characters, or themes from movies, books, or other forms of media. These interests can be quite diverse and unique, and they are a part of what makes each person's personality and preferences distinct.

It's also important to remember that personal interests and preferences are not necessarily indicative of one's character or morality. They are simply aspects of who you are, and they do not make you a "pervert" or weird. What you described regarding your fascination with a scene from "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" is an example of a specific interest that you have.

What's most important is to have self-acceptance and self-compassion. It's okay to have unique interests and passions, and they are a part of what makes you an individual. It's essential to treat yourself with kindness and understanding rather than judgment.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Thank you so much @Terry8936 I guess I cringe at myself at times cause of my interests. Idk