Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Changes to pinned posts

JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
edited September 2023 in Community Announcements
The mod team is aware that we've had an issue of too many pinned posts, particularly in What's New, and y'all also keep telling us that you don't read posts if they're pinned anyway :tongue:

In light of this, we've made a rule for ourselves that we'll keep What's New to 2 pinned posts. We'll keep the Community Guidelines pinned, along with one other post (this one will change).

We may still have more posts that are pinned in individual forums, but this should keep What's New a bit tidier. You'll probably see us bumping posts more rather than automatically pinning them. :)
The truth resists simplicity.

Comments

• Options
    We may still have more posts that are pinned in individual forums
    Worth noting that, if a post is pinned in a single forum but not What's New, and someone bumps that post, it may shoot to the top of What's New. We're not sure why this happens but it should go away as people participate in more discussions 🤔
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    JustV wrote: »
    You'll probably see us bumping posts more rather than automatically pinning them.
    What do you mean by "bumping posts"?
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    @JJLemon18 bumping either refers to replying to the thread so it goes to the top, or we also have a moderator-only 'bump' button that will put a thread to the top without us posting in it :)
  • Options
    @JustV Aha okay. Does that have anything to do with posts that have the "1 new" tag next to them that never seems to go away? Its so annoying cause I end up checking the same post over and over thinking there's something new xD
  • Options
    JJLemon18 wrote: »
    @JustV Aha okay. Does that have anything to do with posts that have the "1 new" tag next to them that never seems to go away? Its so annoying cause I end up checking the same post over and over thinking there's something new xD
    You'll notice that some threads look like they have a recent post by a moderator, but when you open it, it won't be there. I haven't actually noticed the 'new' tag but that may be because of this too! It may also be a bug or something to do with banned accounts... 🤔
  • Options
    @JustV oh yea, you're right, the recent post is always by a moderator. But when you go into the thread its not there. Its like a ghost post hehe
  • Options
    Now referring to bumping exclusively as 'ghost posting'