Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Chat Break Community Quiz 27/09/23 🎉 (7pm-8pm)

LauraaaaLauraaaa Support Group Moderator Posts: 19 Settling in
edited September 2023 in Community Announcements
Guess what! There will be a Community Quiz during the support group break!

The chosen day for our infamous quiz is (drumroll…)

Wednesday 27th September 🥳 We aim to start at 7pm and finish at 8 🎉

For those who aren’t quite familiar with how the Community quiz runs.. here’s the run down: there are 3 rounds of 10 questions, with one point available for each. A total of 30 points are up for grabs, with each point awarded for the fastest correct answer.

Badges are awarded to the winner of each round as well as the person with the highest overall score 😮 This is your chance to knock the reigning champion off the top spot 🏆

The quiz will take place in group chat.

Here are the rounds:
  1. Choose your own topic!
  2. The Mix Trivia
  3. General Knowledge

As per usual we want you as involved as possible, meaning we are handing over the hosting and writing of the rounds to you! Writing means you come up with the questions, and hosting means you get to be the star of the show and asking all the questions! Hosts also have the most important job of awarding the points to the winners of each round! (The mod in the room will have the final say just in case there’s disagreement 😊)

If you'd like to write and/or host a round, reply below! If lots of people are interested, we'll prioritise those who haven't hosted recently, so please don't take it personally if you're not chosen, you still can compete to become a champion!

You're welcome to host solo, with someone else, or as a group - feel free to be creative! (We can’t wait to see your ideas!)

If you're chosen to host, you'll need to send us your questions for checking by Sunday 24th Sept

Can’t wait to meet our contenders. Good luck from your very own community quiz mods (who may be familiar to you from general and support chats…) 🎉Liz and Laura!!🎉

Who will come out on top?! 🥇

Comments

• Options
    LizLiz Support Group Moderator Posts: 11 Settling in
    Well hello quizmasters and trivia champions! 🏆

It is that time again for another EPIC Community Quiz! Make sure to mark it in your calendars, set your alarms and spread the word! You really won’t want to miss out. Let’s make this the most AMAZING Community Quiz ever! 🎉🎉
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    I can't wait I'll have to remind myself so I can join in with the quiz :)
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    Glad to hear you're keen to get involved @Morgyn007 @Amy22!

We'll give it a few days to see who else is interested and then nominate hosts. 😊
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,804 Master Poster
    I would be interested in doing a round.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Yess that would be great @Dancer 🥳
  • Options
    Alrighty, time to decide! @Morgyn007 @Dancer do you have particular rounds in mind? :)

@Amy22 would you like to host or just attend?
  • Options
    JustV wrote: »
    Alrighty, time to decide! @Morgyn007 @Dancer do you have particular rounds in mind? :)

@Amy22 would you like to host or just attend?

I might just attend this time :)
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 610 Incredible Poster
    @Morgyn007 nice! If you've hosted all the rounds before, would you like to do the 'Choose your own topic' round to pick a new topic?

@Dancer - let us know if you had any preference for what round you'd like to host! Would The Mix Trivia or General Knowledge interest you?

It would be great if you could both send over your questions to @TheMix account via DM for checking :).

@Amy22 - absolutely you can join us on Wednesday evening as a participant in the quiz, if you'd rather not host a round. :)
  • Options
    Fabby @Morgyn007, let us know if you need a hand thinking of a topic :)
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Ooo love that idea, @Morgyn007 with Halloween approaching! Interested to see what kind of questions you come up with :)

Let us know if you need a hand and when you've written the questions up, if you could DM them to @TheMix, that would be grand <3.
    Post edited by TheMix on
  • Options
    Gemma wrote: »
    @Morgyn007 nice! If you've hosted all the rounds before, would you like to do the 'Choose your own topic' round to pick a new topic?

@Dancer - let us know if you had any preference for what round you'd like to host! Would The Mix Trivia or General Knowledge interest you?

It would be great if you could both send over your questions to @TheMix account via DM for checking :).

@Amy22 - absolutely you can join us on Wednesday evening as a participant in the quiz, if you'd rather not host a round. :)

I'd rather do General Knowledge.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options

I would love to be a quiz participant as I hosted rounds before and shared one with @Dancer So I preferred to participate to let others have a go at hosting :).
  • Options
    Amy22 wrote: »

I would love to be a quiz participant as I hosted rounds before and shared one with @Dancer So I preferred to participate to let others have a go at hosting :).

I don't mind co-writing/co-hosting again if you want.
  • Options
    Thanks @Dancer, that works! So you and @Amy22 can co-host General Knowledge. 😊

For your questions, it would be fab if you could send them over to @TheMix by Tuesday and we'll give them a read. Excited to have you both on board!
  • Options
    Dancer wrote: »
    Amy22 wrote: »

I don't mind co-writing/co-hosting again if you want.

I honestly dont mind but I think for this time I might be a participant sorry about that, Im a bit busy at the moment so I dont know if I could hand the questions in on time.
  • Options
    That's cool @Amy22. :) No pressure, hope to see you there!
  • Options
    Hey hey! Just a reminder that the quiz is tonight at 7pm, woah it has come round fast! Cannot wait to see you all there, good luck! 🍀
  • Options
    We're open!
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    Congrats @louisa982 !! And well done to @Chloe234 @Dancer and @Jellyelephant too!

I love how I did so bad that it looks like I didn't even participate... :lol:

It was really fun and I already can't wait for the next quiz hehe. So much chaos ensued after round 2 that I can't even remember what happened lol
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,633 Legendary Poster
    Well done all, sad i missed this one.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,878 Extreme Poster
    It was such a fun evening thanks everyone who came and made it! X
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Options
    Wonderful chaotic fun is definitely the way to word how that quiz went. Well done to everyone who participated. My round was chaos lol. Thanks to the mods for letting me do crazy summon words hehe.
    @Lauraaaa- PUSSAY!
    @Liz- CHICKENS!
    Sand- MEOW!
    @leyla26- NORAAAAAAA!
  • Options
    Well done to everyone who hosted and particpated Im super proud of you all for doing the quiz. Sadly, I coulden't attend but looking at the comments it sounded like a very fun night. Here's to many more future community quizzes <3

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/5mTwWeN3MoS08&quot; width="480" height="240" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/proud-5mTwWeN3MoS08">via GIPHY</a></p>
  • Options
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5mTwWeN3MoS08/giphy.gif (let me know if gif dosent work, gif reads Im proud of you :))