Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I don't want to sound rude but I need a quick rant

Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,110 Community Veteran
Honestly this will sound rude or like I am an arsehole which I am anyways so that is confirmed. So the other day my mum was helping me fill out a form thing for the apprenticeship scheme I'm doing and I made a spelling error. So my mum read over it and changed the word for me on the keyboard instead of me doing it. I feel like my imposter syndrome is back and I'm being silly and moody again as per usual. I just felt that I was a baby and I should.be doing things myself. I know help can be great but I just feel lazy when people do things for me as I know eventually I will be on my own so I need to start being independent. I don't want to become a helpless person all the time. I sound awful for this as I should be more grateful for ppl giving me help. I don't know. Hate myself and feel like an imposter eventhough most of the form I filled out myself and my mum had to prove read for me. This post is silly sorry for wasting all of your time just being my narcissistic self.
Just a person who likes pop culture and films

Comments

• Options
    Terry8936Terry8936 Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    @Amy22 It's entirely normal to have moments of doubt and self-criticism. Personal growth involves learning, making mistakes, and accepting help along the way. You're not alone in your journey, and it's entirely okay to ask for and receive assistance when needed.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Katie12Katie12 Posts: 259 The Mix Regular
    @Amy22 what you're saying is not rude at all and wanting to be able to do things for yourself is not a bad thing. It sounds like you completed it all independently anyway which is amazing! we all need people to check over our work now and again as we can't always see the small errors ourselves but the way you are feeling is completely valid. Hope you are feeling okay :)
  • Options
    Thank you so so much @Katie12 I've always had this mindset I think which is triggered by my ocd like the time I was playing stardew valley and a youtuber who also played the game had the same clothes on their avatar as did mine which made me feel unoriginal and fake. I just feel the need to do things myself I guess
  • Options
    Thank you @Terry8936