Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

birthday

Past UserPast User In a holePosts: 0 Just got here
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Options
    AoifeAoife Community Manager Posts: 3,106 Boards Guru
    Birthdays can be a really difficult time of year when they come around @Morgyn007, and you're not alone in how you're feeling. It can be very challenging and I can hear how scared your feeling for next week. It's a really positive step you've identified this is a difficult time for you and trying to figure things out to help you stay safe. It's also great you're posting here. We're all here to support you :)

Do you feel comfortable opening up more about what you find difficult about your birthday?

You also mentioned you're not sure how you're going to cope and I wanted to share Papyrus' safety plan template you can complete online which you may find helpful to do ahead of next week with your birthday in mind. There's some useful questions about how to make your environment safer, support services to reach out to, personal strengths to help you when things are feeling difficult and lots more.

I also wanted to share some organisations you can reach out to if you're struggling to stay safe next week. Remember they are always just a call or text away, and you're not alone <3
    * Local urgent mental health helpline | Open 24/7 | Find details about your local service here.
    *Crisis Messenger (24/7) | text THEMIX to 85258
    *Samaritans (24/7) | call 116 123 | email jo@samaritans.org
    *Papyrus (2pm-midnight) | call 0800 068 41 41 | text 07786 209 697 | email pat@payrus-uk.org
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    Terry8936Terry8936 Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    Hi @Morgyn007 , it's entirely normal to have mixed feelings about special occasions, especially if they come with difficult memories or emotions. You can still try to find the happiness within your birthday. There are many people who are supportive too!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    catherines03catherines03 Posts: 29 Boards Initiate
    Hi @Morgyn007 , I'm so sorry to hear you're having a tough time. It might help to think of your birthday as just another day rather than a huge transition where you have to be happy all day. It's also really positive that you don't want to relapse and are actively looking for ways to keep yourself safe, you should be proud of yourself even though it must be so scary to deal with. @Aife shared a safety plan template which would be great to fill out ahead of time so then you can fill it out with all your reminders and healthy coping mechanisms ahead of time so you know you can cope healthily with any tough emotions that come up on your birthday.

The Mix also have a messaging service and a crisis line if you feel you're struggling to follow the safety plan - please reach out, you don't have to face this alone!