Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Thinking about In the last town

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
In the last town I got my trousers and underwear pulled down alot by boys n males, y did it feel everytimne tht I lost something? N wat purpose did they do tht? N y did they no wen I was I was in a vulnerable position? Did I do something wrong?, don't ppl like 'nice ones'
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 1,095 Wise Owl
    Hey @ellie2000, thank you for bravely sharing this with us. I'm so sorry to hear that you had to go through this in your last town. This is not okay that this happened - you should be treated with care, kindness and respect, Ellie. <3

I'm really hearing how difficult it is to reflect back on this time. It sounds like such a frightening thing to go through. I want to pick up on your question here:
    Did I do something wrong?

You absolutely did not do anything wrong. What happened to you was not your fault. The fault lies entirely with those boys and males who did this to you. This would not have happened if those people had chosen to respect you and your autonomy.

The decision to report something like this is entirely your decision, however, I thought I would like you know about this service which you can talk to, should you want more support on what you went through: Victim Support England and Wales offers emotional support, advice and information to people affected by crime, including people who have had criminal acts committed against them, their friends, family and witnesses. The helpline is open from Monday-Friday 8pm-8am (overnight), Saturday-Sunday 5pm-8am (Monday morning). The number is 0808 16 89 111. You can email at supportline@victimsupport.org.uk or go to the website www.victimsupport.org.uk for more information.
    ♡♡♡