Home Root
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Addiction

mk1881mk1881 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
I've been sober from vaping for two months but it's getting harder. I'm so used to having it all the time and it was literally just something to do. Whenever I was bored, I'd just take a hit but now it's like okay what next? I hate sitting around and not really doing anything but I don't want to go to the gym more than twice or just watch the tele. I hate living in a generation that's so instantaneous and that's so needy for constant stimulation. Any advice on addiction?
"But our lives will only ever always Continue to be A balancing act That has less to do with pain And more to do with beauty." -Shane Koyczan
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,277 Wise Owl
    i haven't struggled with vaping but i've struggled with other addictions so i totally understand and honestly this might sound kinda obvious and not be useful at all but the best thing that has helped me is replacing it/coming up with as many distractions as i can. for example just download one of those silly addictive mobile games and when you feel like you're bored and sitting around but u don't have time or motivation to do anything that productive then just play a game! maybe something like sudoku or chess could help u? I used to always play sudoku, i'd carry this little book around with me all the time and when the urges and restlessness got too much i'd just try to focus on the numbers and it helped me. idk if that would be helpful but i'm sure you could find some sort of hobby or distraction which would work like crocheting or painting.

it also helps me to have some sort of project i'm working on so that when the urges get bad and i feel like i'm just sitting around and being unproductive doing smth like sudoku i end up just thinking 'no xee u need to focus on ur project and not do smth stupid which u will regret' so for me that was writing a book (which i've been writing for 3 years and annoyingly still haven't finished editing). please try to remind yourself that two months is great and you're doing really well :) it obviously isn't gonna be easy so u should be really proud of urself, i'm proud of you!! :)
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • Options
    Terry8936Terry8936 Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    @mk1881 Congratulations on your two months of being sober from vaping! It's commendable that you've taken this step towards a healthier lifestyle. Dealing with addiction can be challenging, but there are strategies that can help you stay on track:

1. Find healthy alternatives, like exercise, reading, painting, playing an instrument, or spending time with friends and family.
    2. Create a support system
    3. Identify triggers: Recognize situations, emotions, or environments that trigger your desire to vape.
    4. Celebrate milestones: Acknowledge and celebrate your achievements along the way. Set small goals and reward yourself when you reach them. This can help keep you motivated and reinforce the positive changes you're making.

This can take time and effort. If you find yourself struggling or experiencing intense cravings, don't hesitate to reach out for professional help. We're also here to support!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @Terry8936, I'm no longer sober
    "But our lives will only ever always Continue to be A balancing act That has less to do with pain And more to do with beauty." -Shane Koyczan
  • Options
    yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,277 Wise Owl
    @mk1881 that's ok, that doesn't erase the fact you were sober for 2 months! you still went two months and that's amazing :) how are you feeling?
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • Options
    @xee, im alright. I did get to see the guy I've been talking about for his birthday lol. I brought his present to work and then he came out my car and i looked sexyy as hell (which he commented on). He was being pissy cause he was like "this is soo unfair, you look amazing and i can't do anything." LOL