Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Can't sleep

mk1881mk1881 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
I haven't been able to sleep well for a bit. I don't know what to do. I take vitamins but they don't help anymore
"But our lives will only ever always Continue to be A balancing act That has less to do with pain And more to do with beauty." -Shane Koyczan
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    indievioletindieviolet Posts: 40 Boards Initiate
    Hi @mk1881 I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling to sleep, it must be frustrating, especially if it is starting to affect your functioning in your everyday life. Sleep has such an effect on how we feel. If this has been a problem for a while it might be worth talking to your GP to see how they can help you.

In the meantime, you could look at your current bedtime and see if there are any changes you can make. Things like reducing your caffeine intake or not using electronics for an hour before bed may be helpful. Perhaps try and do something relaxing before bed like meditation or reading to help prepare you for sleep. I hope that helps in any way :)

Best wishes,

Indie <3
  • Options
    mk1881mk1881 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    @indieviolet, thank you for the response. I have been trying some various things including melatonin, reading and winding down. So far music is the only thing and that only helps like half the time if that. I'm doing okay now though. I think it's partially because I am taking naps during the day but I have an appointment with my psychiatrist on Monday so hopefully that'll help. Thank you again for the concern. Hope you're doing well!!
    "But our lives will only ever always Continue to be A balancing act That has less to do with pain And more to do with beauty." -Shane Koyczan