Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Thought b4 bed

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
Wats therapy n counselling for? Why don't the waiting list ppl phone? Why do ppl not see tht Ur struggling and y do ppl tell u to get on with life' is it tht simple?. I can't wake up n say I'm sick of this. Psychological problems still here, would I hav them if things were caught early, if I was listened too?
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,466 Part of The Furniture
    ellie2000 wrote: »
    Wats therapy n counselling for?
    I'm barely qualified to answer this, and it depends what kind of therapy or counselling you're getting. I'm assuming you mean talking therapy?

In which case, it's an emotionally safe space where you can share your thoughts and feelings without judgement. You can explore what's going on for you at the moment or try and unpack some past experiences, helping you better understand yourself. There isn't really a definitive end goal of therapy - it's mostly up to you and what you want to achieve going in. :)
    Why don't the waiting list ppl phone?
    What waiting list(s) are you on? It might be that you're very far back in the queue, or I suppose there's a chance there's a technical issue preventing them from getting in touch. If you're expecting a call, maybe you could reach out to them to double check?
    Why do ppl not see tht Ur struggling and y do ppl tell u to get on with life' is it tht simple?
    I think most of us can relate to how frustrating this is to hear! Being suuuper charitable, when some people say this, I think they're insensitively saying 'you might just have to deal with it for now' which I have had to do at points in my life. All that being said, it can be really invalidating to hear if it's said in the wrong way, at the wrong time, or from a place of ignorance.
    Psychological problems still here, would I hav them if things were caught early, if I was listened too?
    I guess it's tricky to answer this as it would depend what those problems are. Some things can be overcome and over things have to be managed. So catching those things early might not mean those problems go away, but it might mean your quality of life improves sooner. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    The truth resists simplicity.