Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Idk what to do anymore. TW

Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 3,188 Boards Guru
Everything's falling apart. I can't do this. It's too much. My family is tipping apart, I'm mentally falling apart, I'm shutting everyone out, my friend is messaging me abt suicide, another is just randomly sending pictures of their sh. It's too much but I can't do anything. I can't support anymore. But I can't not be there. It's so much :cry:
🦆💜🦆💜🦆

Comments

• GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 1,095 Wise Owl
    edited June 2023
    Hey @Chloe234, it sounds like things are super overwhelming for you right now. I recognise it's not always easy to share these feelings and you're doing really well sharing with us here. How are you holding up?

I'm hearing how things are piling up with having to juggle some family issues, with your own mental health, and struggling to support others. You've got a lot going on for you and so it is completely understandable that things feel too much. It's totally okay not to be okay right now.

I can hear how much of a caring person you are, Chloe, and how much you want to support others but it sounds so difficult to do this when you're struggling yourself. In these situations, you could nudge your friends in the direction of a support service (like Samaritans, Crisis Messenger, Papyrus) where they can be best supported to discuss things like suicide and sh. How would you feel about doing this?

It's important to take good care of yourself. How have you been coping with all of this? What kind of support do you have around you?

We'll be here if you'd like to share more. Keep going, Chloe, we really care about you <3.
    ♡♡♡
  • Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 3,188 Boards Guru
    @Gemma thankyou for the reply. Not too great if I'm honest.

Im Being referred to CAMHS by school because apparently I'm "worrying them". I don't want it but when they told me and asked if it was ok I felt obliged to say yes. I don't want professional help. I don't want people to know I'm struggling. Others need the services more than me. I'm unhelpable so I don't want to waste these people's times too. It makes it even worse that my dad will have to know too and if they accept the referral then he will have to be in the introduction meeting and will have to find out that I sh. It's shit it really is. I don't want professional help, I don't deserve it.

I've mentioned them before but they never want that sort of help so I have to try come up with something.

I've not been coping great yet I still survived. I have a school counsellor but that's all atm until this camhs referral is sorted.
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Hey @Chloe234

Just wanted to check in to see how you are feeling? :heart:

How you finding the support from the school counsellor?

It's really positive that you are talking about things on here, we are here for you :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    @Chloe234 You are not alone I feel very similar going thru a heartbreak that’s really hard been going back and forward to him for like 3 years because I feel like no one else would love me because I have a wheelchair and I just feel lonely without him even tho it got toxic so I understand how you are feeling now. I had two mates like that talking about suicide and not actually doing it. Some people just do it for attention and some are genuinely serious about it. My advice to you is give them some organisations like childline Samaritans everything like that and just explain to them your going thru a hard time too. If they are good friends they would understand. You can always DM me if you like you are not alone in feeling like that. Have you tried talking to your family❤️
  • VicK_toriousVicK_torious Posts: 115 The Mix Convert
    edited June 2023
    Hey @Chloe234
    I really do hope you are feeling even the slightest better at the moment <3 . I can easily understand you're such a kind and helping soul to your friends and others. It's really difficult and rare to find a person who will be available and to whom others can vent at anytime. It's extremely hard to try helping others from themselves, and be there for your friends while at the same moment you're trying to avert yourself from negative thinking, difficult situations, or destructive coping mechanisms.

I do understand that the thought of others knowing your struggles might seem terrifying, or somehow feel embarassing at times, however, it is important to remember that a proffessional will never judge you, and they are also obligated to keep your conversations secure and confidential, even from your closest family members!
    My advice would be to not compare the level of your struggling with others' when it comes to asking help from services. Your mental welfare is as important and matters just as much as any other person's! Mental health services exist to help eveyone who may struggle, and mental health difficulties are always different and non-comparable!
    A person who may drown in 10 feet of water, needs just as much help as a person who drowns in 20 feet. You deserve help and recovery, and by no means should you belittle yourself for the sake of others, whose problems may feel more important!
    I know an online service which provides anomymous proffessional advice from counselors and professionals, and you can talk with other people with the same experiences too! In case you wish to talk to someone professional, but not want them to know who you are, you can try it <3
    https://www.kooth.com/

As regarding your friends who self-harm, I'm sure you have done a great job at making them feel valued, but it is not only in your hands to stop them from engaging with such harming comping mechanisms! From my experience, some people may use self-harming as a way of derealisation. A method to 'numb' themselves from psychological pain, by altering to physical pain.
    Some others may lie about self-harming as a way of indirectly 'asking' from someone to open that little door that separates empathy and sympathy, and have people check on them and keep them away from actually self-harming.
    Both of these people are vulnerable and I'd suggest that they be offered a different kind of support, either from a school counselor or a professional service. You've done amazingly at keeping them safe, however, it's surely not easy for you to continue doing this without sharing with someone professional how it may have affected you.

I hope you have some people whom you feel comfortable opening up to.. If not, you can always vent here, in the discussions boards, or send me or anyone you feel more comfortable with a private message.
    I know that things may feel hard to manage at the moment, but if you keep being strong and prioritise caring for yourself first and then others, you'll soon feel better and get through this. You're not alone, and asking for help does not make you less strong or independent <3
  • jodieamy124jodieamy124 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Hi, @Chloe234 I can sense that things are feeling very overwhelming for you right now. It can be hard to share how we truly feel and it is really positive to see you engaging with us here on the discussion board. From what I've read here you seem like a really caring person who supports others a lot and that can take a significant toll on your own mental health.

How have you been coping with all of this? sometimes when things begin to feel too much for us to handle on our own talking to someone can help lift some of that weight off our shoulders. Have you tried contacting Samaritans or Shout?