Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I don't know whats next

FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,298 Wise Owl
edited June 2023 in General Chat
I have been doing some volunteering at a garage. It was classed as work experience but it's basically the same thing imo. I've come back not long ago, they said they were short staffed so said I could go. I just think I have caused another issue there, I closed a car tailgate when the technician I was working with was fixing a customers vehicle because a faulty boot switch and I closed the boot. I just didnt know the boot needed to be open for it. The technician was just like saying why did I shut that in front of other staff, he wasn't angry though like he seemed cool and it wasn't like he was unable to open the boot lid but it just caused a bit of inconvenience. It just took more time to get the tailgate open and fix the fault than needed. I should have just left it alone and then he could have put the car back on the for court then done more work. Not long after they said they're getting short staffed so said I might as well go home also they said due to short staffing theres not point me coming in tomorrow which I feel like it was due to the the unconvincing I caused. They were meant to by me lunch tomorrow because it was meant to be my last day but did it today so its possible they might have finished me early genuinely because they were short staffed. Im unsure though because there were quite a few technicians still working as I was getting off. Like I think tbh they just got sick of my tbh.

I feel like I'm just like ruining everything everywhere I go like I have had an incident to do with safety at college too so got withdrawn, like I have issues with famliy members, a lot of certain people like I just can't do anything right or get on with anyone. I feel like a failure and a bad person. I don't have many friends. I have a few but only just message here and there like I barely meet up with people. I don't know what people would genuinely see in me to like hang out with me or talk to me, like I highly doubt anyone has ever thought of messaging me or inviting me to meet up or like seen my in somewhere and are glad to see me. If anything like if someone sees me in public or online on social media etc they probably think ffs what's he doing here. Like no one from like my school or college for example is just going to add me to a group chat to like reunite with me, if someone did add me to a group chat its probably one person just doing it to take the piss a bit and like banter off me which happened recently tbh. Just some guys from my school was like saying hang out or something the the other people in the Facebook group chat just putting laughing emojis. Like that's just a few idiots from school from years ago. Its just then there's people at college who don't like me. Now people live in the working world from today I've probably pissed off a few staff like the technicians, sales people maybe even the customer of that car could have been waiting for ther car and I delayed it like that wouldn't surprise me. My family too, I just have arguments with them. Like I just have been thinking maybe everyone just hates me, the issue is me and I'm a bad person.

I just don’t know what's next for me like I couldn't even do this volunteering or work experience whatever people class it as. Like I dont know what I do from here like get a job for more people to hate me everyday and I keep messing my tasks up at work. I keep blowing my chances of getting people to like me or just everything like I should have just done some work today what I was told to do. I'm just a bad person and a failure. Like I have no one who likes me just nothing, I just feel like I'm always going to be a failure. I just don’t know what to do about it.

Also I have noticed I've put my discussion wrong category so sorry about that.
Post edited by FordRanger on

Comments

• Options
    Terry8936Terry8936 Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    Hi @FordRanger , sorry to hear that you're feeling this way. It's normal to make mistakes and have setbacks in life. We all have moments where things don't go as planned or where we feel like we've let ourselves or others down. But it's important to remember that these experiences don't define who you are as a person.

Making a mistake at your volunteering or work experience doesn't make you a bad person or a failure. It's a learning opportunity, and it shows that you're willing to try new things and put yourself out there.

It takes time to find people who truly appreciate and understand us. It might be helpful to focus on activities or hobbies that you enjoy and that allow you to connect with like-minded individuals. Establishing connections takes time, but it's worth the effort.

Be kind to yourself and recognize your strengths and the positive qualities you possess. If you're feeling overwhelmed or struggling with your emotions, it can be helpful to reach out to someone you trust, such as a friend, family member, or counselor. They can provide support and perspective during difficult times.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.