Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
Wat does it mean to get older? I ask questions to myself when I wake up. Is it good? wen u think u r messed up
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
    I always got told, a group wouldn't stop shouting at me 'go home Ur ill' wen they didn't even know me at the time. Why do things stick wen u get told it lots of times n u believe it
    Tht was in the other town:)
    Crazy mad insane
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Ello, that's a great question.

Getting older for me has been awesome, I have more independence and I do things because I want to and not because it's expected of me and I love that. You kinda have all this time to define what makes you, you.

It takes a lot of hard work to unlearn the negative things people have said, especially if they hurt you. And as you get older for me personally, I've realised that I have a choice, to either continue surrendering myself to the negativity or at least try to give myself a shot at being someone great. it's not easy in the slightest and people's circumstances are far more complex than that but it all starts with the decision to try.
  • Terry8936Terry8936 Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    Hi @ellie2000 . I think getting older means being responsible for ourselves, including managing self life, meeting with nice people, taking care of self, and so on.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.