Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Desert Island Discs

saffjxdesaffjxde Posts: 50 Boards Initiate
I don't know if anyone knows about desert island discs but basically imagine being a castaway on a desert island, you can only bring (up to) 8 music tracks, a book and a luxury item that you can't use to escape the island.
What would you choose?

mine would probably be
disc 1: hold on, chord overstreet
disc 2: far from home, fiver finger death punch
disc 3: silence, marshmello & khalid
disc 4: wildest dreams taylor's version, taylor swift
disc 5: lovely, billie eilish & khalid
disc 6: enchanted (soon to be taylor's version), taylor swift
disc 7: brother, kodaline
disc 8: all too well ten minute version taylor's version from the vault, taylor swift
book: the virgin suicides, jeffrey eugenides
luxury item: hot water bottle
nothing is so strong as gentleness and nothing is so gentle as real strength - st francis de sales

Comments

• Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    @saffjxde This sounds like an interesting idea. (Although I'd prefer a question that doesn't involve me leaving anything behind haha)
    By 'disks' do you mean albums or individual music tracks? 8 albums or 8 songs?
    Also if I'm being a castaway on a desert island then I guess most of the songs don't have any meaning anymore... party songs are useless when there are no parties, love songs are meaningless when there is no one to love, motivational music is pointless with nothing to do, chill study music is needless with nothing to study, videogame soundtracks are worthless with no games. You get the point.
    I take these very seriously but I think that's kind of fun haha :lol:

(Also I'm literally just listening to a song that talks about If you were alone and out at sea, and there were only three things you could bring. Would you bring a book, would you bring me? Which I think is a really cool coincidence :o)
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,027 Community Veteran
    I think mine would be:

1) Ghostbusters by Ray Parker Jr.
    2) As it was by Harry Styles
    3) Music for a Sushi Restaurant by Harry Styles
    4) Everlong by Foo Fighters
    5) Something in the Way by Nirvana
    6) The Great Gig in The Sky by Pink Floyd
    7) Learning to Fly by Pink Floyd
    8) Weird Science by Oingo Biongo

As for a book I can't decide really but at the moment it probably would be Frakenstein or The Modern Promethus by Mary Shelley

As for my luxury item I'd say some wool as I could make a crochet hook from wood and then I can crochet hehe
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    @Amy22 ooh interesting choices. I like the wool idea haha I didn't think of that for knitting.
    nothing is so strong as gentleness and nothing is so gentle as real strength - st francis de sales
  • Options
    JJLemon18 wrote: »
    @saffjxde This sounds like an interesting idea. (Although I'd prefer a question that doesn't involve me leaving anything behind haha)
    By 'disks' do you mean albums or individual music tracks? 8 albums or 8 songs?
    Also if I'm being a castaway on a desert island then I guess most of the songs don't have any meaning anymore... party songs are useless when there are no parties, love songs are meaningless when there is no one to love, motivational music is pointless with nothing to do, chill study music is needless with nothing to study, videogame soundtracks are worthless with no games. You get the point.
    I take these very seriously but I think that's kind of fun haha :lol:

(Also I'm literally just listening to a song that talks about If you were alone and out at sea, and there were only three things you could bring. Would you bring a book, would you bring me? Which I think is a really cool coincidence :o)

I think based on the radio show, it's supposed to be 8 songs, but now that I think more about it, I agree with you haha... basically just don't get castaway on an island. I guess it could be like what vibe would you want if it was just you on the island?

And that's a fun coincidence as well haha.
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,027 Community Veteran
    saffjxde wrote: »
    @Amy22 ooh interesting choices. I like the wool idea haha I didn't think of that for knitting.

If theres trees on the Island at least I can make them scarves :lol:
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    Alright, so for me all of the songs would be from a Polish-Ukrainian band called Enej. They have such an energetic and happy vibe in their music that I just love listening to. Plus their songs have very meaningful lyrics and are perfect to sing to (that is if you can speak Polish haha). But if anyone wants me to make a new list of songs that you guys can understand then I'm more than happy to ;)
    1) Nie Chce Spać
    2) Może Będzie Lepiej
    3) Skrzydlate Ręce
    4) Symetryczno-liryczna
    5) Grozi Nam Cud
    6) Zbudujemy Dom
    7) Ostatni Raz
    8) Nierealny Świat
    Book: The bible I guess xD I don't read books so this might be the best one to pass by time with.
    Luxury item: A hammock maybe. Since there are trees I can at least relax in peace. Maybe if I knew how to crochet then I guess a great supply of wool would be nice since you could just create your own hammock, clothes and more =)
    Believe in me - who believes in you