Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Who makes you smile?

saffjxdesaffjxde Posts: 50 Boards Initiate
Does anyone have a person who makes them smile? Or makes them feel better or something? Could be a friend, relative, a colleague, a celebrity even?

I met my best friend at uni in first year and we just clicked and we've been friends ever since. It's just effortless to spend time with her and so un-complicated and we can have fun and relax as well as have serious conversations if things aren't great. She also shares my love for Taylor Swift so that helps too.
nothing is so strong as gentleness and nothing is so gentle as real strength - st francis de sales

Comments

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,015 Community Veteran
    I think for me it has to be my college friends. I have only known them for two years and they feel like such a family to me and I guess we have become one big family. I also think that my parents make me smile as they are very supportive and caring towards me. Also, everyone on The Mix makes me smile and it feels like a second family coming onto here as I have met the most amazing coolest people I could have ever met.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Terry8936Terry8936 Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    @saffjxde It's great to have someone who can make you feel better or bring a smile to your face. It sounds like you have a wonderful friend who you can rely on and who shares similar interests with you, which is always a plus. Having a strong support system is important for our mental and emotional well-being, and it's great that you have that in your friend. It's important to cherish those relationships and let them know how much they mean to us.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    emiip98emiip98 Moderator Posts: 132 The Mix Convert
    Hi @saffjxde aww that's great to hear its nice to have someone like that in your life :)

Personally for me it has to be my partner he is like my best friend and always cheers me up and consoles me when I'm down.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    My twin sister. Every time we're together we laugh. Either she starts it or I do and I love that everything is that little bit funnier when we're together. I laugh so much when I'm with her and I love tat we don't take ourselves too seriously.
  • Options
    libbystrawberrylibbystrawberry Community Champion Posts: 586 Incredible Poster
    saffjxde wrote: »
    Does anyone have a person who makes them smile? Or makes them feel better or something? Could be a friend, relative, a colleague, a celebrity even?

I met my best friend at uni in first year and we just clicked and we've been friends ever since. It's just effortless to spend time with her and so un-complicated and we can have fun and relax as well as have serious conversations if things aren't great. She also shares my love for Taylor Swift so that helps too.

i am a swiftie tooooooo
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,801 Master Poster
    My friend because she can always make any joke into something dirty.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 457 Listening Ear
    Really love this thread @saffjxde! It's heart-warming to hear that you have an awesome person in your life! As for who makes me smile, it would have to be my little sister. Everything is always better when I'm with her. We like goofing around, we have the same sense of humour, and I can have serious and non-judgmental conversations with her too! :3<3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    marcellus_beauregardmarcellus_beauregard Posts: 77 Budding Regular
    edited June 2023
    Although some people in my life makes me smile from time-to-time, what makes me smile or makes my chest warm are the memories of video games/films/animation (japanese & western) that I really enjoyed and the characters from those medias. I think it is because of the out-of-this-world (not in our reality/fictional) journey/experience I go through that has helped my own journey of self-growth in the real world. It helps me gain more confidence for the future I strive for.
  • Options
    JimetteJimette Posts: 85 Budding Regular
    The Go Jetters. Every time I watch them zoom around the world, it makes me dream I would meet them someday.

But what about them that makes me truly smile is that they are relatable characters. They are cool landmark protectors, but they're also human, so they laugh and cry the same way we do, and they have the time to mature and reflect on themselves. I love them so much~ :3
    Wild Hearts Never Die~ >:3
  • Options
    JimetteJimette Posts: 85 Budding Regular
    My twin sister. Every time we're together we laugh. Either she starts it or I do and I love that everything is that little bit funnier when we're together. I laugh so much when I'm with her and I love tat we don't take ourselves too seriously.

Getting Stereo Lovers vibes here LMAO :lol:

Seriously tho, I love your bond with your twin sis~ :heart::blush:
    Wild Hearts Never Die~ >:3