Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

TW (EDs) - idk what to do about clothes

saffjxdesaffjxde Posts: 50 Boards Initiate
TW - ed
I don't know exactly but my body shape has changed a bit and a lot of my stuff doesn't fit properly or how it's supposed to so that it's either just uncomfortable or looks weird or makes it more obvious that things have changed

I don't know what to do because I hate all my clothes and it's hard trying to choose what to wear because nothing suits me and my view of myself is really distorted that just nothing makes me happy. I just want to get rid of everything and start over which I know is a waste but I just hate everything that I wear... If I get something new then the whole clothing size stuff will trigger me because it's stupid how everything is sized differently, and then it probably won't fit again because like recovery changes and stuff whatever, so I don't know if it's worth it as well, but I don't know how else to cope with it before I just want to rip up everything in frustration.

Sorry it was such a rant.
nothing is so strong as gentleness and nothing is so gentle as real strength - st francis de sales

Comments

• Options
    genderless_fungigenderless_fungi Moderator Posts: 155 Helping Hand
    Hello @saffjxde

I'm very sorry you've been going through this and I'm glad you reached out to the community for help. It sounds like the situation is extremely overwhelming for you and it's understandable that you might find sizes and new clothes distressing at this point in your recovery.

You shouldn't feel sorry for ranting, this is a safe space for you to get comfort and help from peers. Are you looking for any particular advice or help in regards to your eating disorder at the moment?
    In the meantime, here is a link to an association who you'd be able to contact for body image issues
    National Centre for Eating Disorders provide support and information about all aspects of eating disorders and body image issues. They also support carers of those with an eating disorder. They also offer access to a network of professional counsellors at a fee. You can call 0845 838 2040 or 01372 439184 Monday and Friday 9:30am-5pm, Tuesday and Thursdays 9am-5pm and Saturdays 9am-1pm. You can visit their website at www.eating-disorders.org.uk

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    saffjxdesaffjxde Posts: 50 Boards Initiate
    @genderless_fungi Thanks for listening aha.... I don't really know I think I was just having a bad time with body image. I don't know really where the best place for advice is because I've been trying to get the right support for a long time and obviously I appreciate that there is high demand and stuff but it's hard to know what to do in the meantime. But the discussions here are really nice and supportive which i think is helpful for me sometimes, even if it is just to rant a little bit.
    nothing is so strong as gentleness and nothing is so gentle as real strength - st francis de sales