Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Updating profile image

JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
Hi. I'm just curious if there is a way to update your profile image without it appearing in the members tab every single time?
Believe in me - who believes in you

Comments

• Options
    Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 601 Incredible Poster
    Heyy @JJLemon18

I'm not sure there is, however I've just deleted some of your profile picture changes in the members tab from The Mix account, and they don't seem to appear anymore for anyone.

I'm not sure if that helps much but it's something the staff are able to remove if needed!
  • Options
    Thank you @Emma_!
    I'm asking because I noticed there are some people who changed their profile image without it ever showing to be updated. For example if I go to your profile it doesn't show you ever changing your profile picture, actually it shows almost nothing. Or are these just things only I can see on my profile?
    Honestly I don't mind it that much, I just don't want it to be annoying when someone goes to the members tab and sees a million images of me constantly cropping my profile icon to be prefect. I'm just this picky haha.
  • Options
    Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 601 Incredible Poster
    hmm that's a good point @JJLemon18

I can't seem to see anything earlier than March 3rd so maybe it only holds things for a short amount of time on the activity feed? I haven't changed my picture in quite some time.

I'll ask the wider team when they're back tomorrow because now I'm intrigued too :D

But I wouldn't worry about annoying anyone! It's important it's right for you :)
  • Options
    @Emma_ You're probably right! The last thing on my profile is from the 1st of march, so I bet it only keeps stuff for two months.
    Although I realised that for most people who joined recently it doesn't show them updating their image either.