Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How can I buy condoms?

yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,277 Wise Owl
Where the fuck can I find condoms?? The only times I seem to come across them is when I'm with family. Idk how to buy one without my mum or someone finding out (I'm really paranoid).
my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain

Comments

• Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    You can also buy them online and they come in discreet packaging: https://condoms.uk/ (there are other websites too)
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    @Morgan007 I can't just go to a sexual health clinic or doctors or anything because my mum's pretty protective and wants to know where I'm going (also she tracks my phone so she'll be concerned about why I went to the doctors especially without telling her). And I can't order anything online either because my mum opens all packages even if they don't have her name on it (which is annoying but oh well).
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    @LorryTruck I don't know how to ask someone it's so embarrassing and awkward to bring up and I'm already awkward enough as it is having normal conversations lol. I'm trying to figure out a way to go to a supermarket without my mum wondering why I'm there...maybe I'll pop to the shops when I'm out with friends? But then my friends will see me buy condoms UGH IDK
  • Options
    RenPRenP Posts: 203 Trailblazer
    @Xee you could buy them in supermarket toilets if you are going with your mum, or could you get them delivered to a friends house and you don’t have to say what’s inside.

Would you be able to speak to your mum about it as it’s always better to be protected and she may be thankful to know you are protecting yourself :)
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    @RenP Oh yeah, that's actually not a bad idea! Thanks :)
    And nah I'd prefer not to tell my mum lol, we're pretty close and our relationship is a thousand times better than it used to be but I can't imagine telling her I want condoms. And anyway, I'm not having sex (I wish), I just want to use it to put on my sex toy because I've heard it's a great way to make sure no bacteria is getting in. I get really paranoid about that so I feel like using condoms will definitely help me feel less anxious. But even if I was sexually active I don't think I'd be able to tell my mum lol. Thank you though!
  • Options
    support_squad23support_squad23 Posts: 113 The Mix Convert
    Hi there @Xee

It's great to see that you are being proactive about your health. I'm glad that you felt able to reach out here to discuss this. I understand that talking to your mum about private topics like this can seem really awkward and uncomfortable, so it makes sense that you're apprehensive about this, especially considering the newness of the healthy relationship you now have. Nevertheless, if you do want to talk about this with her at some point, please do not hesitate to reach out again. We can navigate through that together.

Take care
  • Options
    @support_squad23 Thanks! I appreciate it <3