Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

SH’ed after 2 years

ILoveDinosILoveDinos Posts: 10 Settling in
I sh’ed after 2 years and I thought I’d be so annoyed at myself for all the time I’ve wasted but I think I’d built it up to be a huge thing in my mind. Is it wrong to not care that I’ve done it after so long? I know I can just stop again but it just doesn’t seem a big deal anymore. I just feel calm.

Comments

• RenPRenP Posts: 203 Trailblazer
    @ILoveDinos there is no right or wrong when it comes to this, especially if this has been something in your life before. It’s okay to feel whatever you feel right now x
  • HarryTHarryT Community Manager Posts: 319 The Mix Regular
    Hi @ILoveDinos,

I just wanted to echo what @RenP said - your feelings are completely valid and we're all hearing you. How are you feeling this morning? You mentioned ahead that you're feeling calm. Is that still the case?

Take care,
    Harry
    Hello amazing human (yes, that's YOU). I wish that you could see the amazing person who I see within you  ✨
  • ILoveDinosILoveDinos Posts: 10 Settling in
    HarryT wrote: »
    Hi @ILoveDinos,

I just wanted to echo what @RenP said - your feelings are completely valid and we're all hearing you. How are you feeling this morning? You mentioned ahead that you're feeling calm. Is that still the case?

Take care,
    Harry

Hi Harry. Yes, I’m still feeling a lot calmer. I think it’s because I expected to be so angry or upset with myself that it freaked me out a bit when I wasn’t.
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    ILoveDinos wrote: »
    I sh’ed after 2 years and I thought I’d be so annoyed at myself for all the time I’ve wasted but I think I’d built it up to be a huge thing in my mind. Is it wrong to not care that I’ve done it after so long? I know I can just stop again but it just doesn’t seem a big deal anymore. I just feel calm.

I completely get where you're coming from, especially when you're feeling so overwhelmed and tired of putting up a fight because staying in recovery takes a lot of brain power and sometimes, there just isnt enough left. I don't blame you at all and I really do relate how you're feeling. You're not alone in how you're feeling and welldone for getting this far 💛