Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Dark Mode on The Mix

Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,027 Community Veteran
Hi @TheMix I was recently talking to someone on the boards and it was mentioned about whether there was a dark mode setting on here, as sometimes the light mode can be too bright. I have never thought about this before as I often use the bright mode. This could be an option we could toggle ourselves possibly.

I'll tag the person I was talking to about this @JJLemon18
Just a person who likes pop culture and films

Comments

• Options
    HarryTHarryT Community Manager Posts: 320 The Mix Regular
    Hey @Amy22 and @JJLemon18,

As far as I'm aware, we don't have a dark mode at the moment, although I'm sure Mike/Aife/Emma will come along and correct me if I'm wrong :#

This is a good shout as something that we could look at developing in the future. Thanks to you both for sharing this idea with us! I'm not particularly technical so I'm not sure how feasible it is, but I wouldn't expect this to be something we can action easily. We'll save the suggestion, though, incase there is a time in the future when this could be put in place.

How does that sound?

Cheers,
    Harry

Hello amazing human (yes, that's YOU). I wish that you could see the amazing person who I see within you  ✨
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,027 Community Veteran
    HarryT wrote: »
    Hey @Amy22 and @JJLemon18,

As far as I'm aware, we don't have a dark mode at the moment, although I'm sure Mike/Aife/Emma will come along and correct me if I'm wrong :#

This is a good shout as something that we could look at developing in the future. Thanks to you both for sharing this idea with us! I'm not particularly technical so I'm not sure how feasible it is, but I wouldn't expect this to be something we can action easily. We'll save the suggestion, though, incase there is a time in the future when this could be put in place.

How does that sound?

Cheers,
    Harry

Yeah that will be great actually as I think having an option for a light or dark mode toggle would be beneficial for a lot of users.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 375 Listening Ear
    Agreed! Dark mode or a high contrast mode (or both) would definitely make this place more accessible for some users.
    Whats a signatureeeww
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    I found out you can sort of get dark mode on pc. When writing a post there is "toggle full page" button and when you click that you can then get a button "toggle lights" that turns the whole page dark. Unfortunately it's not there on mobile so it doesn't help me much. Just wanted to mention
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    Morgan007 wrote: »
    @JJLemon18 that confused my brain :lol::p

haha sorry. I'm not great at explaining myself and sometimes I don't have much time to think about my post :lol:
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    NeonBlueThunder1NeonBlueThunder1 Posts: 245 Trailblazer
    I too would appreciate a dark mode, as it makes it easier to read text at times, and it's nice to be able to toggle it to suit your needs. =)