Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Monday

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
Thts the day tht I'm moving in to a nice clean, well looked after flat, why wen it get mentioned I feel uneasy and automatically I get a wierd feeling in my tummy
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,507 The Mix Elder
    ellie2000 wrote: »
    Thts the day tht I'm moving in to a nice clean, well looked after flat, why wen it get mentioned I feel uneasy and automatically I get a wierd feeling in my tummy

I hear that you are moving into a flat soon on Monday but you get a bit anxious about the thought of it. It can be a very big when moving to a new house or flat as a lot of happen. I'd say it's totally normal to feel anxious about moving as it is a big thing. Good luck with moving house and I hope you enjoy the new one. I'm always here if you want to talk more about this,

Sending hugs,

Amy22 💛❤️
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,465 Wise Owl
    Like Amy said, whilst moving into a new flat/house can be an exciting time for some, for others it can be anxious or nerve-wracking as it's a big change to your day to day life, and almost like a step into the unknown as a new chapter of your life begins in a new home. Hopefully the move goes nice and smoothly for you.

Sending hugs
    Sinead
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
    @Amy22 There's someone next door to my one, they warned me he's a alcoholic, how do I cope, do I shut myself away? At least I'm not sharing, I got put in with a man once and it didn't go well. Are alcoholics dangerous?
    Crazy mad insane
    @Amy22 There's someone next door to my one, they warned me he's a alcoholic, how do I cope, do I shut myself away? At least I'm not sharing, I got put in with a man once and it didn't go well. Are alcoholics dangerous?

I hear that next door there is someone who is a alcoholic. It sounds like you have had past trauma with this before. I'd say make sure you feel safe. But is there anyone you could contact if say you didn't feel safe?.
    @Amy22 life had tought me tht, dont say anything bc i wont get listened, i had to get evidence, like phonecall or answer phone msg or last time i broke in to tears then ppl help me. Are all ppl all the same w'eva field they work in? i tred carefully
    Crazy mad insane
    im asking myself questions
    Crazy mad insane
    @Amy22 i'll let u no how i get on :) im sure im worrying over nothing
    Crazy mad insane
    @Amy22 @sinead276 tips on how to feel content?
    Crazy mad insane
  • genderless_fungigenderless_fungi Moderator Posts: 197 Trailblazer
    Hello @ellie2000,

As @sinead276 mentioned, moving can be both exciting and nerve wrecking. I'm glad the place you're gonna leave in is clean and well kept, I know how important your home can be for mental wellbeing. Here is some advice on how to cope with anxiety

You mentioned feeling uneasy and having negative experiences in the past, especially in relation to people you lived with. Just keep in mind that no one has the right to make you feel uncomfortable and that it's very important that you feel safe. I'm very sorry that in the past you felt like people were not taking you seriously when you were dealing with these issues.

People who have an alcohol addiction are not necessarily violent, however it's okay to feel concerned at the thought of interacting with someone you don't know. Here are some links on what alcohol does to your brain and body and about the stigma people with an alcohol addiction may face. I hope that knowing more about it will make you feel calmer and more secure as you learn how to navigate this situation.

You were also wondering how to feel content. Being content, like being happy, can feel very different from person to person, but also there is nothing wrong with feeling like things could be improved or with striving for something else. Being content with something may also be very hard when feeling overwhelmed and under stress or when external circumstances make you feel anxious. Remember you can always use the discussion boards to let us know how you're doing, we're here to listen and provide support.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    @genderless_fungi @Amy22 @sinead276 I've been stressed every day since I had tht narcissistic therapist. It was only tht proper therapist from the doctor I found contentment for a while I definitely feel happy. I went another time, tht service declined coz I had maximum weeks. Things still trigger me, is tht normal, I had peer support who recommended fast24 but I can't tlk about feelings. Is this normal? Ppl don't want to hear bout how Ur feeling?
    Crazy mad insane
    @Amy22 life had tought me tht, dont say anything bc i wont get listened, i had to get evidence, like phonecall or answer phone msg or last time i broke in to tears then ppl help me. Are all ppl all the same w'eva field they work in? i tred carefully

Hi so sorry for the late response. I'd say that no everyone is the same some people are good and others bad. Its like that in most places. It sounds that you have had past trauma especially to do with a therapist. Im sorry that you had to go through that. I also agree with what @genderless_fungi has mentioned and that maybe at the moment you could be feeling overwhelmed especially with moving house. I would say maybe do something that you enjoy which could take the pressure of your feeling possibly making you less anxious.

Sending hugs,

Amy22 <3