Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Intrusive thoughts

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
How do u get them out Ur head wen u hav no-one to tlk to
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• DozyNifflerDozyNiffler Posts: 14 Settling in
    Sounds like you're having a difficult time @ellie2000. Are you willing to share what the thoughts are with us here? Maybe writing them down will help get them out?

Sometimes you might be able to distract yourself by doing something you enjoy - is there anything you want to do that could distract you?
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
    @DozyNiffler I got a drawing kit now.
    Wen everything went BOOM. I went into a habit, tht is not gd, to do with I.T tht set me off n I can't recover, wen I don't have support i turn to void filling and my brain goes in autopilot. Instead of playing games, wen I'm too deep in thoughts. I think about the different traumatic experiences and I can't think of anything else
    I moved now and I thought I would be better, is tht a thing?
    Crazy mad insane
  • HollyPearlHollyPearl Moderator, Staff Posts: 40 Boards Initiate
    Hey @ellie2000, it sounds like you're going through a lot at the moment and you're really brave to share this here. We're all here for you and are here to support you - you're not alone with it <3 It's great that you have a drawing kit, do you find it helpful to draw when you're feeling overwhelmed?

You mention that you are thinking about traumatic experiences - that sounds really difficult. Is there someone in your life you feel comfortable talking to about how you're feeling? I hear that you're worrying you should be better by now, but there's no one way you should be feeling and just because you haven't moved on from something that's hurt you, it doesn't mean you've failed. It's completely normal to struggle and to need support. How are you doing today?
    @HollyPearl is it OK to not b ok?
    I got a drawing set for Xmas. Wat frame of mind do u hav to b in?
    Crazy mad insane
  • boaboa Moderator, Staff Posts: 29 Boards Initiate
    Hi @ellie2000. It is OK not to be OK, for sure. <3 We all feel down sometimes and winter with it's lack of sun & lots of rain does not help. A drawing set sounds so nice. I think you can draw in any frame of mind. I also love drawing from time to time, especially when I am tired or sad or just want to learn something new.
  • HarryIsHereHarryIsHere Posts: 16 Settling in
    Hey @ellie2000, I see you have a lot on your mind at the moment and this must be tough right now. As @boa says, it's ok to not be ok. And you should know that you're not alone - we're always here for you <3.

How are you feeling today? Just sharing this support article on grounding techniques, which can be helpful at times we're in a moment of panic, feeling unsafe or have a lot going on in our minds. Grounding techniques can be a really helpful tool to help us focus, calm ourselves down and look after ourselves. Have you tried any of these before?
  • HollyPearlHollyPearl Moderator, Staff Posts: 40 Boards Initiate
    edited December 2022
    Hi @ellie2000, it's definitely ok not to be ok, as @HarryIsHere and @boa have said, and you're not alone in feeling this way, everyone struggles sometimes. You've been so brave to talk about this and to share it on the community, we're all here for you. You can draw at any time and it's a great way to express how you're feeling and focusing on something creative can also be a great distraction when you're feeling low. Let us know how you're doing, sending hugs :)
    @HarryIsHere I slept most of the day coz idk wat stuff there is in my area. Is it hard to get out out tht habit? Coz thtss wat I did the town b4?
    Crazy mad insane
  • ChrisMChrisM Moderator, Staff Posts: 43 Boards Initiate
    Hi @ellie2000, sorry to hear you feel like you are falling into old habits. Most of us struggle with sleep at some time but we know that good sleeping is important to help us cope with anything we are facing in life.

There is a great young ambassador article here that talks about different experiences of sleep - both too much and not enough! Sleep and mental health There are also some tips for good sleep in there too.

Hope this helps.