Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

TW sa(no detail) and family problems

Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 3,182 Boards Guru
I just can't get it out my head and I feel so shit about it. My youngest sister was at my mom's for Christmas and I've not spoke or had anything to do with her for almost two years now and they called on a private number yesterday so we could talk to imogen and so we did but then I was asked by my sister if I wanted to talk to my mom but I just froze and then she spoke and said "she doesn't want to talk to me. You talk to her" and it just upset me to hear her voice... I've not heard it for so long. And then I heard my half brother in the background
he SA'd me when i was younger(was sorted)
and It was such a trigger...I can't get his voice out my head.. I just hung up and he just said "merry Christmas girls" and I could barely hold myself together. It was awful
🦆💜🦆💜🦆

Comments

• Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,507 The Mix Elder
    @Chloe234 I'm so sorry to hear that you had to go through with that.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • jess63jess63 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    Hi @Chloe234

I'm hearing that you are feeling triggered after hearing your half brothers voice. That sounds really difficult. How are you feeling now, do you have anyone you can talk to about it?
    The steps you take don't have to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.
  • Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 3,182 Boards Guru
    jess63 wrote: »
    Hi @Chloe234

I'm hearing that you are feeling triggered after hearing your half brothers voice. That sounds really difficult. How are you feeling now, do you have anyone you can talk to about it?

Still really awful but gotta hide it, at boxing day with my family and I don't even like any of the food
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
    Just so fed up and want to go home.
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
  • Charlotte47Charlotte47 Deactivated Posts: 46 Boards Initiate
    @Chloe234 how are you doing?
    @Chloe234 how are you doing?

Awfully
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
  • Charlotte47Charlotte47 Deactivated Posts: 46 Boards Initiate
    @Chloe234 I am so sorry that things are awful for you, we are here to support you.
  • Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 601 Incredible Poster
    sending big hugs @Chloe234 this sounds like such a tricky day <3

Reminding yourself this evening that you are safe, and not around your half brother anymore can be help you to feel a little more settled. Maybe wrap up in something cosy and grab a nice warm drink?

Or if you're still out, could you give yourself a bit of a breather outside for a minute to calm your body and just take a moment?
    Emma_ wrote: »

Reminding yourself this evening that you are safe, and not around your half brother anymore can be help you to feel a little more settled. Maybe wrap up in something cosy and grab a nice warm drink?

Or if you're still out, could you give yourself a bit of a breather outside for a minute to calm your body and just take a moment?

Thankyou emma, im on the way home at the moment, im just hoping I don't relapse, his voice is just repeating in my head and its put me in a bad place (I'm safe tho) and argh idk I feel like rubbish and feel bad for freezing up infront of my sister on the phone but argh idk my head is going at a million miles per hour
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
    I relapsed. I'm sorry
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
  • BenMaBenMa Moderator, Staff Posts: 143 Helping Hand
    Chloe234 wrote: »
    I relapsed. I'm sorry

I appreciate you sharing this Chloe, can I ask in what way you've relapsed and how you're doing at the moment? We're all here for you.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    BenMa wrote: »
    I relapsed. I'm sorry

I appreciate you sharing this Chloe, can I ask in what way you've relapsed and how you're doing at the moment? We're all here for you.
    relapsed with sh
    ive sorted it though and im safe so I will be fine, doing awfully Atm tho
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
    stings so much but trying to braveface it, my fault for relapsing😔
    Feeling so low today, hate myself for relapsing.
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,507 The Mix Elder

You don't have to hate yourself for relapsing. Sometimes relapsing can happen to us and it's easy to feel shame for it rather than forgiving ourselves for it happening. So don't feel bad for relapsing. Sometimes we need to forgive ourselves for it. It can be even harder too when you feel like you have hit a low point. Sending hugs,

Amy22 <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • anna0012anna0012 Staff Posts: 17 Settling in

@Chloe234 It sounds overwhelming to feel this way. You've been so brave to share with us how you feel. Your thoughts and feelings are important to us and so are you.
    How are you coping at the moment?
    anna0012 wrote: »

@Chloe234 It sounds overwhelming to feel this way. You've been so brave to share with us how you feel. Your thoughts and feelings are important to us and so are you.
    How are you coping at the moment?

Honestly awfully
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
  • anna0012anna0012 Staff Posts: 17 Settling in
    Do you have anything that you do to help you take your mind off things @Chloe234 ?
  • DozyNifflerDozyNiffler Posts: 14 Settling in
    Just wanted to check in with you @Chloe234, how are you doing today?
  • HarryIsHereHarryIsHere Posts: 16 Settling in
    edited December 2022
    Hey @Chloe234, this sounds like a really tough phone call to have at anytime, especially over Christmas. You've been so brave sharing this with us and I just want to let you know that you're not alone and we're always here for you <3.

How are you feeling right now? Have you been able to do some of @Emma_'s suggestions yet?
    Emma_ wrote: »

Or has anything else helped that you'd be happy to share with us? Take care and look after yourself. And don't forget, we're here for you <3.