Homeā€ŗ Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting āœØ

People being mad at me for laughingšŸ˜”šŸ–•šŸ¼šŸ–•šŸ¼

queenferociousqueenferocious Posts: 31 Boards Initiate
edited December 2022 in Health & Wellbeing
Iā€™ve been told off and in trouble and taunted for laughing at what people simply donā€™t find funny for a lot of my life and Iā€™m sick to death of it! Thereā€™s so such thing as someone making you laugh instead of choosing to thatā€™s clearly n purely n innate reaction like when you touch a scorching hot kettle and your hand automatically flinches you canā€™t just hold it there like that can you. Or people mistake me laughing cuz someoneā€™s upset n in trouble or doing something bad when again itā€™s at what they simply donā€™t find funny. Not to mention my mean primary school teachers complained to my parents about it well they ought to get a sense of humour themselves and hate my religion n some scholars n muslims saying itā€™s sinful especially for women to laugh loudly like our higher voices is something we can hide sooo sexist or too much!!

Comments

• JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,464 Part of The Furniture
    @queenferocious what kinds of things are people mad at you for laughing about? I wonder if it's more to do with that than the fact you're laughing at all. I agree with you that we can't always help laughing, and the sexism involved defo sounds unreasonable.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • boaboa Moderator, Staff Posts: 29 Boards Initiate
    Hi @queenferocious. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings with us. You've been brave to share with us about how you've been feeling. I'm hearing that this has been difficult for you. Have you managed to talk to anyone else about how youā€™ve been feeling?
  • queenferociousqueenferocious Posts: 31 Boards Initiate
    @Mike just at the way people express themselves when they arenā€™t necessarily in difficulty or upset or anything I see and hear they donā€™t find funny or when it seems Iā€™m laughing at something bad when that isnā€™t the side of it Iā€™m laughing at. N going on that laughter hardens the heart n it f*ing makes me forget death n other dumb ā€œreligious implicationsā€ like that or Iā€™m just being too noisy and distracted.

@boa yes I have thanks!