Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

pregnancy scare

This discussion was created from comments split from: ppl worrying.

Comments

• Options
    bratz223bratz223 Posts: 3 Newbie
    hi i am worried about something and it might sound stupid but i need to know. the other day my bf and i we’re getting intimate and he put his dick on my labia and then fingered me. it was dry and he said he did not pre cum. i had also gave him oral prior to this. is this any cause for concern pregnancy wise or am i being crazy because i cannot stop worrying
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,313 Part of The Furniture
    Welcome to the community @bratz223. Just to let you know I split your comment off into its own thread as it felt right to give it it's own discussion, away from other people's. :)

I'm not a medical expert so can't give you an exact answer to your question, but my instinct would be you're probably okay here. While it is possible to get pregnant from precum depending on the situation, it's very unlikely, and it doesn't sound like that was much of a factor here anyway. If it really was 'dry', then the risk seems super low if there's even a risk at all. (again though, not an expert)

I've had to deal with pregnancy scares before by the way so I can empathise with how worrying these things can be - it's scary! I wonder if it's worth taking a test to put your mind at ease?
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    bratz223bratz223 Posts: 3 Newbie
    hello @mike thank you for your response. I have also talked to other friends of mine and they told me the same thing. i think i overthink too much and i’m semi okay with it
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,313 Part of The Furniture
    That's great to hear @bratz223 - must be a relief! It's quite easy to overthink these things to be fair, it doesn't get much bigger than potentially having a child.
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    support_squad23support_squad23 Posts: 113 The Mix Convert
    Hi @bratz223

Please do not worry about sounding stupid, understanding conception can sometimes be quite tricky and overwhelming. More than 50% of women report having a pregnancy scare and these times can be quite frightening, so I’m glad you were able to reach out for clarification and support here. May I ask whether you have thought about contraceptives? If you’d like to explore some options, we are here for you. This might add to your peace of mind if this is something you’re comfortable discussing. Please remember there is no harm in taking a pregnancy test around 21 days after the incident if this helps to reassure you.

Take care.
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,050 Wise Owl
    Like the others have said, it's definitely not stupid to be worrying about a pregnancy scare (they are scary things to go through). I agree with the advice the others have said and just want to say I hope you're doing okay

Sending hugs
    Sinead
  • Options
    RenPRenP Posts: 203 Trailblazer
    Hey @bratz223

Just want to second that it's definitely not stupid to have concerns about this stuff, don't ever worry about sounding 'crazy'.

How are you feeling now about it?