Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Why is my best never good enough

Past UserPast User In a holePosts: 0 Just got here
edited October 2022 in Health & Wellbeing
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Options
    RenPRenP Posts: 203 Trailblazer
    Hey @Morgan007

Are you able to share with us what has happened and who yelled at you?

If you feel you have to please people and it's never good enough for them, then they aren't worth your time anyway.

When you say everyone, who is it you try to please?

<3
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,294 Community Veteran
    Hi @Morgan007 I hear that you feel like that whenever you try to please others you feel like it isn't good enough for them.

Im sorry to hear that you are going through this and are feeling this way at the moment.

To be honest, at the end of the day as long as you are trying your best then that is okay. Sometimes you don't have to always be a people pleaser. I know it is easier said than done, I hear you out on that. But really you dont have to please everyone and if they are not happy, then that is their own problem. I understand how tiring it can be having to please and impress others. But the main thing is that you are happy. Sometimes, you have to put yourself first now and then. I know this probably sounds like a selfish thing to do but sometimes putting your own needs first instead of others can be a good thing. Also, when you are constantly pleasing others it can also cause burnout for yourself. So putting aside time to yourself can be helpful.

I also agree with what RenP mentioned.

Hope your okay, sending hugs,

Amy Greening <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,267 Wise Owl
    @Morgan007
    Just wanted to sat I completely agree with RenP and Amy22

All anyone can ask for is for you to be you and try your best. If people can’t see you’re trying and don’t appreciate the effort you put into things then they aren’t worth your time. As someone who can be quite the people pleaser myself, I completely understand where you’re coming from and your feelings in this situation. Try and remember that at the end of the day it is okay to be selfish and put ourselves and our feelings first as protecting your own mental health and wellbeing is so important.

Take care of yourself and sending hugs,
    Sinead