Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hello I am quite new. But remember these forums from 2001!

AbandonedTrolleyAbandonedTrolley Posts: 24 Boards Initiate
Hello everyone. I am quite new here on these boards. But I do remember these forums from 2001 when I first came across them. I remember way back then over 21 years ago these bulletin boards were very busy. But since the advent of social media, first Bebo, then Twitter in 2005, then Myspace in the same year and finally Facebook, old fashioned website discussion forums like this one have become very quiet.

Comments

• Options
    TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,041 Boards Guru
    Hey @AbandonedTrolley,

You're right, the ways that people engage with each other online has changed a lot since these forums were first created. It's a little crazy to think about how much things have changed in such a short space of time!

You'll notice that we've dropped by with a PM to suggest some support services for those over the age of 25, which we would encourage you to explore. You've been really brave by reaching out for support, and we want to help you access services who can offer you the support and guidance that you deserve. <3

Take care,
    Harry and the team
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.