Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

World Mental Health Day

HarryTHarryT Community Manager Posts: 319 The Mix Regular
edited October 2022 in General Chat
Hello legends,

As many of you might be aware, tomorrow is World Mental Health Day. The theme this year is 'making mental health and wellbeing for all a global priority', and you can find out more here.

We'll each have our own relationship with mental health and our own thoughts on awareness days like this, but I just wanted to take the opportunity to reflect a little on how incredible this community and everyone within it is.

By reaching out for support and being vulnerable about the challenges that you are facing, whatever they may be, you are each contributing to a culture of openness and honesty both here and in wider society. Your courageous decisions to seek support not only help yourself but they also show other people that they're not alone, and create a place where everyone, regardless of who they are or where they come from, feels safe to talk about whatever is on their mind.

Basically, what I'm trying to say, is that you all rock, and that we're really proud of each and every one of you for the contributions that you make to our community. You might feel as though your individual actions are insignificant or that they don't matter, but you never know who you might be inspiring or encouraging through your own vulnerability. <3

Will anyone be doing anything to mark World Mental Health Day this year? If you'd like to share any thoughts or reflections then the floor is yours!

Take care and stay legendary,
Harry and the team
Hello amazing human (yes, that's YOU). I wish that you could see the amazing person who I see within you  ✨
Post edited by HarryT on

Comments

• Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,106 Wise Owl
    Happy belated mental health day - also remember that whilst the day is important to raise awareness, you're mental health matters everyday :3
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,104 Community Veteran
    Happy belated mental health awareness day too, I dont know if your reading this but you matter and your health and mental health is a priority. Make sure you are looking after yourself and doing something you enjoy :)
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films