Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

roll of a therapist

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
edited October 2022 in Health & Wellbeing
wat do they do? wat hpns wen they let a trainee on u? tht made me feel worse, y? coz im tlkn to a person who employed her and i vented tht i attemp s--c--de, n i was thinking on saying they caused it

[edited by moderator]
Crazy mad insane
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• BenMaBenMa Moderator, Staff Posts: 143 Helping Hand
    edited October 2022
    @ellie2000 - counselling/therapy can provide a safe and confidential space for people to talk to a trained professional about anything that is concerning them or causing an issue in their life. The counsellor/therapist will help explore thoughts, feelings and behaviour so there can be a better understanding of themselves and others. Usually therapists (depending on the type of therapy) will work towards specific goals to help improve your situation or find ways to cope.

Can I ask when it was that you attempted suicide Ellie and when you say you drank, are you referring to alcohol or something different?

I'm also wondering if your therapist knows about your suicide attempt at all?

If you're still having thoughts of suicide, here are some options for you:
    Crisis Messenger (24/7) | text THEMIX to 85258
    Samartians (24/7) | call 116 123 | email jo@samaritans.org
    Papyrus (2pm-midnight) | call 0800 068 41 41 | text 07786 209 697 | email pat@payrus-uk.org
    Supportline (hours vary) | call 01708 765 200
    Childline | call 0800 11 11

It sounds really tricky that you had a poor experience with a trainee therapist, usually a trainee would be closely supported and supervised to help offer you the best experience though I hear that hasn't happened in this case. I wonder if you feel as though exploring whether you can change therapist feels like an option for you @ellie2000?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
    i tried several methods 4 goin to rest, but ppl stepped in at the last minute
    Crazy mad insane
    edited October 2022
    [edited by moderator]
    Post edited by TheMix on
    Crazy mad insane
  • BenMaBenMa Moderator, Staff Posts: 143 Helping Hand
    I appreciate your honesty @ellie2000 - may I ask when this was?

It sounds really positive that you've had some people notice and step in to help keep you safe.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    edited October 2022
    [edited by moderator]
    Post edited by TheMix on
    Crazy mad insane
    wen i open up i think 'ooo dear wat hav i done'
    Crazy mad insane
  • HarryTHarryT Community Manager Posts: 319 The Mix Regular
    Hello @ellie2000,

You've been really brave to reach out to us about this tonight. We've dropped you a PM from @TheMix to check in and find out how you're doing. Your safety is really important to us, Ellie, and we all really care about you. <3

Ben has shared some information about some other organisations that you might wish to contact up above, and I thought I'd just let you know that the NHS also have an urgent mental health helpline that you can contact at any time. You can find the contact details for your local service here.

Take care, Ellie, and speak soon.

Harry and the team
    Hello amazing human (yes, that's YOU). I wish that you could see the amazing person who I see within you  ✨
    samaritans were surprisly gd last nite, shall go somewhere else, how do i cancel profile
    y did police take my number
    Crazy mad insane