Homeβ€Ί Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

loss

Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 3,172 Boards Guru
Tomorrow (28/9/22) marks 6 months since i lost my stepmum :disappointed: πŸ’”im in pieces :disappointed:
πŸ¦†πŸ’œπŸ¦†πŸ’œπŸ¦†

Comments

• StellalunaStellaluna Posts: 62 Boards Initiate
    @Chloe234 Aw I am so sorry for your loss. Getting to terms with such a loss may take time and I am pleased you have shared how you are feeling. These feelings may come and go, feel more manageable at times and less at other times. It is ok to feel these emotions and allow yourself to experience them. Please be kind to yourself.
    Have you thought about doing self-care activities? This can be doing anything you find relaxing, spending time with friends or focusing on hobbies.
    If you are finding day to day tasks hard to manage, then you could reach out to friends or wider family. If you would like alternative support, you could reach out to your gp, or contact the Samaritans by calling 116 123. TheMix also have a 24/7 chat service accessible via texting β€˜THEMIX’ to 85258.
    We are here for you so please do not hesitate to reach out. You are very strong and brave.
    Sending hugs
    StellaLuna
  • sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,462 Wise Owl
    @Chloe234 I second the comment above. I can't imagine how difficult it may be for you at the moment. Remember to take care of yourself and allow yourself to feel the emotions you feel.

Like @Stellaluna has said, please do reach out to us or other support networks if you need it, as they'll all be open ears and try to support you the best they can, including here on TheMix.

Thinking of you and sending hugs
    Sinead
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hi @Chloe234 I'm so sorry to hear that and that you are struggling. Sending love and hugs πŸ’œ
    How are you doing?
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 3,172 Boards Guru
    i just woke up in floods of tears :disappointed: thankyou for your kind words @Stellaluna , @sinead276 and @Lucy307
    πŸ¦†πŸ’œπŸ¦†πŸ’œπŸ¦†
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,506 The Mix Elder
    Hi @Chloe234 I am very sorry for your loss at the moment. I can imagine how tramautising today must have been for you. I am sending a massive hug to you. I just wanted to say make sure you are looking after yourself today and that I am here if you need anything <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • RenPRenP Posts: 203 Trailblazer
    Sending lots of loving energy your way @Chloe234 <3

How are you feeling at the moment?