Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Most disgusting type of medicine

DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,898 Master Poster
Me and one of my friends were talking about it and we both hate taking medicine because of how bad it tastes. I want to see what everyone else thinks about it and what the most disgusting is whether it is powder, liquid or tablets. Obviously it is very important to still take any prescribed medication anyway.
"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
"The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
"I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 

Most disgusting type of medicine 7 votes

Tablets
28%
sinead276Past User 2 votes
Powder
42%
_Tech_Addict_GirlAmy22NeonBlueThunder1 3 votes
Liquid
0%
They're all disgusting
14%
Dancer 1 vote
Yum yum yum
14%
Skive 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,104 Community Veteran
    Powder
    idk I find powder meds a bit meh to taste and they give off an aftertaste for me like. Though tablets can be a nightmare taking cause they taste like plastic and I get reflux off them sometimes :/
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,106 Wise Owl
    Tablets
    Even though powder meds aren't the best, I've never been able to swallow tablets (I don't know why I just can't seem to) so I've had to go with those as the worst
  • Options
    ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,031 Community Veteran
    edited September 2022
    sertriline wen u chew it, u hav to hav milk after, dont no y. or docusol liquid it makes u hiccup bubbles
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    Powder
    Powder is disgusting 🤢
  • Options
    NeonBlueThunder1NeonBlueThunder1 Posts: 245 Trailblazer
    edited October 2022
    Powder
    I think it speaks for itself. Also, the taste of the antibiotic, amoxicillin, is disgusting too, it tastes so bitter that I had to have a flavoured drink with it and afterwards to get rid of the taste. :s