Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Back to School / College

HarryTHarryT Community Manager Posts: 320 The Mix Regular
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hi everyone,

We know that it's that time of year again when many of you will be heading back to the classroom after the long summer break. You might be looking forward to having the routine of being at school each day, or maybe the thought of going back makes you feel anxious or nervous. Whatever those feelings are, we're here to support you through them. <3

How are you feeling about going back to school? Is there anything that you are particularly excited or nervous about? If your school days are now behind you, do you have any tips or pieces of advice for others that you'd like to share? If there's anything that you'd like to share about going back to education then this thread is the perfect place to do exactly that!

We all hope that transitioning back to school goes smoothly for you all. You've got this :)

Take care legends,

Harry and the team
Hello amazing human (yes, that's YOU). I wish that you could see the amazing person who I see within you  ✨
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,017 Community Veteran
    Thank you so much for having a thread on back to school @HarryT. Eventhough I'm technically not in school anymore but I'm in college during a higher education course, I totally agree that going back to school can be exciting and scary at the same time.

It is going to be my second year of college and probably my last year I will do in college (I'm honestly not sure). But for me I'm excited to go back as I look forward to seeing my friends and having a nice catch up of what they have done over the summer. Though the other day I did feel a bit nervous as when I go back im supposed to have an idea of what I want to do project wise. However I'm feeling much better now than I was before about it all. Its going to feel weird going back to as I know lots of people in my class probably had a brilliant summer, then there's me whose summer was average to be honest. It could have been better but what happened couldn't be helped. I will say it was a tough year for me but I am ok now. As its my last year I'm supposed to have an idea of what job I'm going into. I'm doing a level 3 creative media course and I would like to be a screenwriter. Though I know those types of jobs are very competitive and so few manage to work in the tv and film industry. I just want to know that there is a job out there that will keep me financially stable to be honest.

If I had any advice for anyone going back to school, I would say that you are not alone and that I bet lots of students sill be feeling nervous about going back. I would say make the most of your school years and make sure to make memories that one day you can look back on and smile at. If you are doing Gcses or A levels, I wish you good luck and I hope you get everything you want. I would say though if you are doing exams to stay organised and plan out things as it will help you when it comes to studying. Always keep a planner so you can keep track of tasks that need to be done. Also, I would say if you are revising, revision doesn't have to be boring. Make revision into a fun game. Studying can be hard but if you find ways of making it enjoyable, you will enjoy doing it more.

I'm not very good with advice but I just hope everyone has a good start in September and I hope school goes well for everyone :) .

Sending hugs,

Amy22 <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    ilovetaylorswiftilovetaylorswift Posts: 96 Budding Regular
    i have a lot of anxiety about going back to college :( it is why i joined the mix in the first place 💜 i'm really really nervous and it gets hard to cope with sometimes.. hopefully i'll be able to make friends and this year will be better <3
  • Options
    ilovetaylorswiftilovetaylorswift Posts: 96 Budding Regular
    thank you @HarryT for making this thread because this is my main problem and cause of anxiety at the moment. @Amy22 thank you for your advice on going back, i feel less alone and i hope everything goes well for you and that your second year will be really good :) 💗
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,017 Community Veteran
    Thank you @ilovetaylorswift I agree with going back to college. As it can be scary. But I'm sure you will find some really great friends :)
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,062 Wise Owl
    Hope everyone has a good return back to school, college or university. I know it can be a daunting experience, but hopefully you all settle in nice and easily and everything goes well.

Lots of luck and sending hugs

Sinead :3
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 458 Listening Ear
    @HarryT, thank you so much for making this thread <3

Personally, I feel okay going back to uni, I'll be in my second year ^^ I think I feel alright with it since I want to get back into the uni routine, and I've settled in and I've made some really good friends who I can't wait to see again after a while. I'm also very happy with my grades in my first year, I just have to keep it up next year. :smile:

I can't say that I'm not scared of starting my second year though, I'm aware that my assessments will be much harder. And one thing that's important to me which I'm particularly nervous about is applying for psychology placements. Getting a career in the psychology field is really competitive, therefore I really want a placement since it can give me a lot of hands-on experience. Hopefully I can secure a placement to do in my third year (hopefully I can get a clinical placement, but I won't be too upset if it's not, any kind of placement will do).

And as for advice, it's not completely school-related but more like future and life-related, but it still links to school:

Please make sure you pursue what you love doing. If you have no idea what you wanna do yet, it's completely fine, please take as much time as you need to think about it. Even if people frown on your decisions or say that it's useless in life, life's too short, so spend it doing what you love. There are so many opportunities and career pathways out there that can really work for you. And for those who thought that they liked something before, but don't like it anymore, that's completely okay. It's fine to start again. It's not too late, and you're not alone with this. I believe that doing what you love can bring the happiest and best versions of ourselves :smile:<3

Good luck to everyone with the school year and I hope all goes well :3<3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )