Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Energy bills & emotional stuff

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,230 Community Veteran
Should we b worried? Wat does high prices mean for us? Thts why we h8 conservative voters. Putin die too 😊
How do u comfort ppl tht had an episode with bipolar. I not able to understand what websites say or what to look for
Will the world b dead if the power plant goes up?
Wat do u do if Ur mums having a cry/sad day?
Do ppl with bipolar have thoughts about dying?
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• HarryTHarryT Community Manager Posts: 319 The Mix Regular
    Hi Ellie,

Thank you for sharing these questions with us. I completely hear you that there's lots going on in the world at the moment and want to acknowledge how difficult it can be to make sense of it all. You're not alone in these thoughts and feelings. <3

This article from Turn 2 Us has some advice on how to cope with increasing energy costs: https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Benefit-guides/Fuel-Poverty/Coping-with-rising-energy-bills. Things are difficult at the moment for lots of people, but there is some support out there and some steps that you can take to reduce your energy bills, which this article talks about.

I'm also hearing that you have asked about how to support your Mum. How do you feel about your mother's situation, Ellie? Supporting other people who've been struggling is a tricky thing to do, and that can be particularly challenging with its a parent or someone whose older than you. It's important to look out for yourself, too.

Lastly, I wanted to acknowledge your question about people with bipolar and whether they experience thoughts of dying. People experience thoughts about death for all sorts of reasons, and those feelings are valid and deserving of support regardless of the cause. You can read more about Bipolar on the Bipolar UK website: https://www.bipolaruk.org/. We're not medical professionals here at The Mix, but hopefully that site will have some useful information for you.

Was there a particular reason that you have been asking about Bipolar and thoughts of death, Ellie, if you would feel comfortable sharing that with me? Do you have lived experience of either of those things, or are you just exploring at the moment?

Thanks again for reaching out with these questions Ellie. You've done a really brave thing. <3

Harry
    Hello amazing human (yes, that's YOU). I wish that you could see the amazing person who I see within you  ✨