Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Argh.

Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 3,166 Boards Guru
I hate everything. Why cant i be ok. Why am i horrible. Why cant i get over a few deaths. Why am i so pathetic. I couldnt even support my dad tonight. I hate myself.
🦆💜🦆💜🦆

Comments

• Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    It's normal to feel that way, even if you find yourself not wanting to feel at all. It's a shit situation and not one you should be angry at yourself for being in, as it's not your fault. The best thing you can do for both your dad, and yourself, is to be honest about how much you're struggling. Even just sharing some of that pain, and spending time together is a huge help to him I'm sure.
  • Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 3,166 Boards Guru
    Thanks @Supernova
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
    I feel like 💩
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,500 The Mix Elder
    edited August 2022
    I agree with @Supernova on this too. I would say it's okay to feel how you are feeling at the moment. You have gone through so much I can imagine the amount of stress it has impacted on you. As @Supernova said the main thing you can do is really be there for each other as both you and your dad have gone through a lot. Don't feel afraid of reaching out for support, as talking about how you feel can be helpful to release some of the emotions you have been feeling. You don't have to be angry with yourself and its totally understandable too if you do feel frustrated as well. it's ok to feel this way Chloe, as it sounds like a very draining and upsetting situation at the moment. I'm always here if you want to talk more about how you are feeling as long as your okay to do so :).
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
    thankyou @Amy22
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,500 The Mix Elder
    No worries @Chloe234 anytime
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Hey @Chloe234

Sorry to hear how you are feeling at the minute. We all care about you and we are here for you :heart:

You are a very valued member of this community.

With grief, things take time and everyone goes through grief their own way. It doesn't make you pathetic or horrible. There isn't a time frame for grief. Have you had any support?

https://www.cruse.org.uk/get-support/ < This may be helpful to you. :heart:

They offer support and I've used them myself recently and found them quite helpful. :smile:

Sending lots of hugs :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Thankyou @Stephanie :) i have been offered therapy/councelling by a charity however im yet to accept or deny. I have heard of cruse yeah, ill take a look thanks
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆