Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Hi guys!

PenguinSkyPenguinSky Posts: 42 The answer to life, the universe, and everything
Hey everyone : )
I've technically had an account on here since last year, but I basically forgot about it for months and haven't posted in ages so I'm kind of starting afresh lol. I'm in my early 20s, currently studying for (but almost done with) my MA in Journalism. I'm doing ok mostly, I have access to mentoring through my university and at the end of last year I started taking an anti-depressant called sertraline which has been really good for my anxiety. (It hasn't fixed everything but I feel calmer day-to-day and that's kind of given me the space to work on my mental health a bit more.) But I do only have a few more weeks to finish my MA dissertation, so obviously that's pretty stressful, and I'm ever so slightly freaking out about what to do afterwards. I'm super lucky as I can move back in with my parents for as long as I need, but I don't want to be a burden on them for too long. On the whole though I'm in a good place right now - whoever's reading this, hope you're doing ok today as well <3

Comments

• Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,913 Community Veteran
    Hi @PenguinSky welcome back to the mix. Its a pleasure to have you here, and I hope you enjoy your time here :smile:. I think its amazing that you are studying a MA in journalism, it's sounds really cool to study. I hope uni is going well for you at the moment. At least once it is done, you can have a nice relax :smile: and chill after all the hard work you have been doing.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • kaiikaii Posts: 434 Listening Ear
    Hey @PenguinSky, welcome again! It's great to have you in our community ^^ I hope you and your studies are well, and best of luck with your MA dissertation! :smile:
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • fiona333fiona333 Posts: 141 Helping Hand
    Hi @PenguinSky welcome! It’s great to have you here, hope you settle in soon 😊
  • sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,004 Wise Owl
    Welcome and hope to see you around on the boards :)
  • NeonBlueThunder1NeonBlueThunder1 Posts: 245 Trailblazer
    Hi @PenguinSky , welcome to the boards. :3 Hope you are doing well.