Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

September

FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,273 Wise Owl
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I think September time which is the start of the new academic year for schools and colleges. I feel and most people probably feel the same that its just depressing or upsetting that you have good times chilling at home or doing whatever chilling then it's like the end of August and closer to September it gets more depressing. The previous years I had to just re enrol for college. Before I started college and after leaving school I just took a year or 2 out because I started college fresh out of school like that following September I left school and I didn't like it so quit because I felt like it was a backwards step from school.

I went to a few secondary schools and finally found one that was OK tbf so I didn't mind it too much but the previous schools I didn't like. So my last school was OK but I had to leave and then go to college but quit because my first day they was like put my phone away for example and saying do that, do this so i couldn't be arsed, i thought college id be treated more like an adult since I was nearly one but it felt like I was back in primary school tbh like I remembered primary school and the way i was treated there, it was quite similar so I thought fuck this and I quit. Then I took I think 2 years out but realised I'm not doing anything so I thought I can't sit here doing nothing so I thought I'll go back to college, I went to the same one I quit, same course because I thought how hard can it be and it's better than doing nothing. So I enrolled to go back, I didnt see it as some heaven but thought it would be ok. It wasn't OK and I just didn't like it. I think it was about October November time on my first year back in 2018, I was just down in college like start of the week, the day just dragging and nights before college I just wouldnt be in the mood to play PlayStation or anything, like college nights we're depressing as in nights before college, not just September, I think most of the year like January after Christmas too. I think September was the worst time though, it's autumn so getting darker, it gets colder so it's harder to go out. I couldn't go out on college nights like with my friends, or at all because I'd go out will be dark and remember I have college the and the thought of getting up I just wasn't in the mood. I'm just basically saying from all of this I just found September October depressing especially but on the whole just college nights too. I just want things to improve since I've finished college recently
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    ItaliaItalia Posts: 220 Trailblazer
    Hey FordRanger,

Thanks for sharing, it sounds like you've had a pretty tough time when it comes to college and it's understandable, with what you've been through that you've had that you've been feeling this way.

I'm sure you're not alone in how you feel. September can be a stressful time for a lot of people, as you said going back to college and it getting colder.

You said that you finished college recently, do you know what you would like to do next?

I hope things do get better for you soon, you're not alone, and we are here if you want to talk. :)

“People who wade into discomfort and vulnerability and tell the truth about their stories are the real badasses.”
    -
    Brene Brown