Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hey there everyone!

daisy21000daisy21000 Posts: 12 Settling in
Hi there! I'm Daisy (well, that's not my name... just think of it as a nickname) and it's nice to meet you! I'm a sixteen year old who wants to be a freelance web developer! I've still got a long way to go but I'm trying my best! Also got gcse's next year... and I'm nervous already XD hopefully it goes well! I love playing games and watching anime (comedy is my fave!) and, of course, coding! Need to work hard to achieve my dream - I'll keep trying! Anyway, it's nice to meet you all! (and if you know good comedy anime let me know XD)

Comments

• Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,156 Boards Champion
    welcome :)
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,963 Community Veteran
    Hi @daisy21000 welcome to the mix. Its a pleasure to have you here :) and its so nice to meet you. It sounds like you got some great hobbies and coding sounds really fun. I wish you all the best for your gcse's and I hope they go well for you :)

Hope to see you soon,

Sending hugs,

Amy :)
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,034 Wise Owl
    Welcome - also hope your GCSE's go well next year

See you around
    Sinead :)
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 447 Listening Ear
    Hey @daisy21000, welcome to our community! :smile: Hope you're doing well, best of luck with your GCSEs next year and achieving your future goals! ^^ what animes do you like?

Kai <3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    Thank you so much everyone <3 ! I'll do my best for my gcse's next year and try my best to achieve my dream job! And @kaii, I love loads of anime especially comedy but recently I've been watching introverted anime since I'm an introvert XD. Some of the ones I have on my watchlist are Hitoribocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu, WataMote: No Matter How I Look At It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular! and Ms. Koizumi Loves Ramen Noodles - these are really good! Apart from that, Dragon Quest The Adventure of Dai is one of my favourites! I'd love to hear what anime you like aswell!
  • Options
    @daisy21000 you can do it!! :smile:

Wow, those anime sound really really interesting! I'm an introvert too, so I'll probably check out the anime that you've mentioned on your watchlist! Thank you so much! :smile:

I love comedy too! Though I definitely need to watch more anime in that genre, I haven't watched a lot of comedy anime unfortunately :bawling: I've watched Kaguya-sama: Love is War (not the 3rd season yet) and Horimiya though! (do you count them as comedies? They're probably considered more as slice of life anime) There's probably more comedy anime I have watched but I can't remember XD

Some of my favourites include Violet Evergarden, Attack on Titan and Jujutsu Kaisen! <3
  • Options
    @daisy21000 I'm sure you are going to do fantastic and you will achieve your dream :) I just checked out that anime Ms.Koizumi Loves Ramen Noodles and it looks cool. I saw a manga of it, I might get it maybe. I have been tempted to get into anime quite recently :lol:
  • Options
    @kaii Yeah, they totally count! I been wanting to watch Kaguya-sama: Love is War for ages but haven't got the chance yet - I'll try to watch it at some point XD. Your favourites are on my watchlist as well but I'm not much for brutal anime so I'm sticking to comedy for now (Dragon Quest The Adventure of Dai is pretty brutal tho...) but I'm definitely watching them later! Some other good comedy anime are Laid Back Camp, Squid Girl, Barakamon, Black Clover (This ones really good), Food Wars! and Dr Stone - just to mention a few XD. If you find any more you have to let me know!
    Thank you so much!
  • Options
    @Amy22 Yeah, food anime are pretty hard to find so Ms.Koizumi Loves Ramen Noodles is really good! It's not talked about much - I think it's very underrated. And you should totally get into anime, it's helped me out so much! If you need good anime recommendations, just let me know which genre you like and I'll tell you some I know! <3
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    @daisy21000 Thank you so much for more of your recommendations!! Kaguya-sama: Love is War is really good, I’m sure you’ll like it! ^^

Ahh yes, I understand that brutal anime isn’t everyone’s cup of tea - there can be so many action clichés and poorly written characters which is annoying :/ I like AOT and JJK because I absolutely love AOT’s lore and plot, and both anime have so many well written characters :smile:

Out of the anime I mentioned, Violet Evergarden’s not so brutal, though it has some references to war. Gosh, I love Violet Evergarden so much, the story is so beautiful ahhh episode 7 and 10 made me cry :bawling:

And yess I’ve been wanting to watch Black Clover, Food Wars! and Dr Stone for a long time!! I definitely should watch them at some point ^^

Haikyuu is also really good (not sure if you like sports anime but it’s really funny XD) and I’ve also been wanting to watch The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.! <3
  • Options
    @kaii I've heard about how good AOT and JJK are, definitely watching them at some point but at the moment I've been hooked to comedy XD I'll watch them someday - hopefully :# . If you like brutal kind of anime then Hunter X Hunter is very good - funny but very brutal. I don't normally watch emotional anime but I'm trying to get into them, I've heard so much about Violet Evergarden - I'll give it a shot! Assassination Classroom was the first anime to make me cry - it's funny but the ending was so sad! You'll definitely love Black Clover, it's a bit long but one of my favourites! And I totally love sports anime! Haikyuu is on my watchlist as well (my watchlist is huge :'( ) I'll check it out! Some other good comedy sports anime are AOKANA: Four Rhythm Across the Blue and Farewell, My Dear Cramer. I just had a look at The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. and added that to my watchlist as well - looks like a really good gag comedy! Man, when it comes to talking about anime, I get carried away :p hope I'll be able to talk more with you!
    Thank you so much!
  • Options
    @daisy21000 take your time with watching anime, there’s no rush at all!! ^^ there’s just so much amazing anime out thereee

Ahh goodness, I’ve also been wanting to watch Assassination Classroom as well - I honestly had no idea that it was gonna be so sad at the end :0 I’m gonna mentally prepare myself once I watch it!

I have so many anime on my watchlist as well, you have no idea XD I often have a habit of starting another anime when I haven’t even finished one yet :bawling:

I really love taking about anime too, I can spend hours talking about it XD your recommendations sound awesome! ^^ thank you so so much again! <3
  • Options
    OwlOwl Posts: 109 The Mix Convert
    edited August 2022
    hey, welcome!! nice to meet you too, hope you love it here, and good luck with school and your GCSE's next year!!
    kaii wrote: »
    I often have a habit of starting another anime when I haven’t even finished one yet :bawling:

i really feel that too, except but with boxes of cereal

i have no idea about anime, but i saw a meme about Japan and have no idea if anyone who knows anything about Japan would find it funny or not

5482b658adde8d95208a021734b5b77a.jpg
  • Options
    @kaii That's literally me, starting other anime when I haven't finished one :'( someday I'll get through my watchlist :# . It's so great to talk to someone else about anime, not many people I know watch it so whenever I find someone that likes anime, I love to talk about it! Let's both try to get through our watchlist together :3 ! <3
  • Options
    @Owl Thank you so much <3 ! I'm also like that with cereal - glad I'm not the only one :) . And about that meme.... It may mean what anime has done to Japan or something, but it looks funny anyway! :p
  • Options
    I'm so tempted to get into anime now but I need to find where I can watch anime. It looks so cool.
  • Options
    @Amy22 There are a lot of places where you can watch (with ads if you don't want to pay like me). I use crunchyroll and funimation - they have ads but are probably the best places to watch anime at the moment. I hope you do get into anime - it really is so cool!! :3
  • Options
    @daisy21000 Aww thank you so much, its that I know some good places where I can watch anime but you have to pay and I'm trying to save money atm :lol:
  • Options
    @Amy22 I know! I had premium as well but needed to save money so I had to cancel it :'( Now I just try to use free services to watch anime - you could try that as well for now! :3
  • Options
    Hey @daisy21000 I just started using a bit of Crunchyroll and its awesome. I might actually choose a show tomorrow to watch :).
  • Options
    @Amy22 I'm glad you like it! Crunchyroll really is so awesome! You should totally watch something - there will definitely be something you'll like! :3
  • Options
    @daisy21000 Ikr its soo good. I managed to find it on Youtube as well. I watched the first episode of a very good anime called Oddtaxi. I highly reccomend it. Its like Zootopia meets anime mystery genre. Its about a walrus taxi driver and its funny too :).
  • Options
    fiona333fiona333 Posts: 141 Helping Hand
    welcome @daisy21000 !! Excited to have you here 💜
  • Options
    NeonBlueThunder1NeonBlueThunder1 Posts: 245 Trailblazer
    Hi @daisy21000 , welcome to the discussion boards! :3 Being a website developer sounds amazing, as there are so many great websites out there, also so much variety too. :+1:
  • Options
    @Amy22 Oh, I've watched that one! It's funny but be careful - it can get pretty dark. I'm glad you like it! Make sure you don't read what other people have said about it, you might get spoiled about the ending. I hope you enjoy watching anime! <3
  • Options
    @fiona333 & @NeonBlueThunder1 Thank you so much! Yeah that's right - there's so much variety, I'm gonna try my best to stand out in front of the crowd! ;)
  • Options
    thomasxthomasx Posts: 3 Newbie
    Hey
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,034 Wise Owl
    Hi @thomasx and welcome to the mix. Hope to see you around on the boards in the future.

Sending hugs,
    Sinead
  • Options
    Hi @thomasx welcome to The Mix. I hope you enjoy your time here. I look forward to seeing you around here.

Sending hugs,

Amy22 <3