Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Leaving The Mix

RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
Hello there everybody, thanks for taking the time to read this. :smile:

As you may have guessed from the thread title I have decided to step away from moderating on The Mix and unfortunately I won’t be showing up on the boards anymore. This might come as a shock to some of you but I’ve been moderating here almost every week for over five years now and for several reasons that I won’t get into it’s simply time for me to move on. I’ve actually been putting this off for a while now because I enjoy my time here so much! :sweat_smile:

I know that as a moderator I haven’t been as much a part of the community as a regular boards user but it’s still meant so much to me to help out on the boards, drop in and post on people’s threads and support everybody as much as I can. I hope that I’ve helped The Mix grow and more importantly that I’ve helped all of you cope with some of the things life throws your way. I know from personal experience how crushing mental health issues can be and if I’ve helped even one person get better then I say it’s been five years well spent.

I also want to say a massive thank you to everybody I’ve worked with over the years, all the different moderators who’ve come and gone and The Mix staff team who keep everything running smoothly. @Aife was actually the one who first trained me to be a moderator so it’s especially heart-warming that she’s back on the boards to see me say goodbye. :grin: I’m sure all of you will help The Mix grow and succeed in all manner of ways in the future!

Thank you all once again for being part of such a kind and loving community, I can honestly say that I wouldn’t be the person I am today if it wasn’t for the time I’ve spent here. Please continue to take care of each other and keep on being awesome! Confetti for everybody!!! :lol:

Take care of yourselves,

Riley
FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Comments

• Options
    OwlOwl Posts: 109 The Mix Convert
    i havent been here long, but you have, FIVE YEARS??? that's mad dedication!!

thanks for helping around for so so long and best of luck with everything you do in the future!!
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Thank you for all of your time and support Riley. All the best to you in the future! :)
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,104 Community Veteran
    Eventhough I haven't been on The Mix very long, it's been a pleasure to have you here Riley. Well done for all your hard work especially supporting others. Thank you for everything you do and I wish you good luck for what you may do next in the future :)
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,209 Boards Champion
    Best of luck riley! Thank you for everything youve done! :)
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,106 Wise Owl
    Best of luck in the future <3
  • Options
    NeonBlueThunder1NeonBlueThunder1 Posts: 245 Trailblazer
    Like Amy22, I'm quite new to The Mix discussion boards. We may have not have met, but wish you the best for the future regardless. :) Thanks for helping the community for so long. :3
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,054 Boards Guru
    We're going to miss you so much @Riley. Thank you for everything you've done on the community <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,898 Master Poster
    5 years is definitely dedication. You are going to certainly be missed. Best of luck with whatever you go on to in the future. <3
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous