Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

about shout

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,230 Community Veteran
is it normally busy
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,230 Community Veteran
    wat does 'we're getting a member of our team for you' mean. should i hang on?
    Crazy mad insane
  • AoifeAoife Community Manager Posts: 3,168 Boards Guru
    Sounds like a great step to reach out to Shout for some support @ellie2000. How did you get on reaching out to them? Hopefully you didn't have to wait too long to chat to someone :)

Usually, this means there might be a bit of a wait before someone connects to the text line to support you but shouldn't be too long you have to wait. It's worth waiting as you might be placed in a queue so you're the next person who gets support when one of their support team becomes available.
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    i waited, no-one came txt so i sung blackbriar songs to ignore my feelings, trying to feel positive. i also sed to my mother tht 'she can make herself happy, i hav to wait' does depression do tht? make u vent wat u think nd is it gd to worry ur family?
    Crazy mad insane
    its really frustrating not getting hold of ur family member. i texted 'hi' i got a reply of 'hi' but nothin after tht. then i got sad
    Crazy mad insane
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    I’ve found Shout really helpful in the past, sorry that you had to wait a while for them Ellie. Did they ever get back to you?
    Do you think you could continue the conversation with your family member that you sent the text to? Ask them how they are? 😊
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
    weneva i do txt family at nite they go 'shhhh sleep now'
    its over nite i seem to need support
    Crazy mad insane