Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Issues I have been experiencing today :(

Creativeboy23Creativeboy23 Posts: 188 Helping Hand

Hello. I have not had a great day.

I was feeling angry that I had to wash up the cooking utensils my sister used when she cooked dinner. I was then having an imaginary thought about my dad putting his arms around me, watching me washing up to mock me. It just felt like he was enjoying the entertainment. An emotional flashback was triggered about when my brother shouted at me for being angry about the responsibility of washing up being placed on me, which left me feeling like resentment because he turned the situation on me. I was then imagining sharing with one of my support workers the unfairness of toxic people being able to hurt those around them, whilst the victim has to be the one to do something. My support worker was treating me like I was coming to him with a trivial issue.

I was on my laptop writing about how I have been journaling the difficulties I have experienced at home. Then, my brother came in talking to me, walked towards the steers and asked me what I was doing on my computer. Then, he kept asking if I have been sharing how him and my parents have been making me feel, with mental health professionals. He said that I am not going through any family issues, which invalidated my feelings, when I know that I have been. I was also feeling like I am going crazy. I am usually criticised for feeling upset about something they have said. So, it is reasonable for me to want to share my feelings outside of my home. However, I feel that I have done the wrong thing because my mentor at university questioned me about how it would have made my dad feel when I shared how he has upset with a helpline.

I watched a GP television programme and it ended up affecting me. Two patient’s blood pressure results were not at what the GP wanted it to be. The first patient in particular made me worried about my own when I get stressed quite often. This situation made me feel a particular way, but I do not know how to describe the words for it. I ended up imagining it when facing my fear of spiders, shocking my parents. A receptionist said unfortunately there is no quick fix to patients’ problems, which felt like she said the statement 'that is life', which feels blunt. This comment triggered an imaginary thought about my dad saying that he hopes I am not just seeing a professional about the first comment, my support worker at university and others saying that it is true. I was then having a thought about my dad telling me to sit up straight and giving me looks and telling me that I am going to meet people who will say things as it, criticising my sensitivity.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    Good to see you posting @Creativeboy23 - this feels almost like a diary entry. :)

It sounds like 'imaginary thoughts' are quite prominent for you. Have you ever heard the term 'intrusive thought'? It means thoughts you don't want to have, or don't agree with.

In any case, it seems like you have a lot on your mind, and I'm hearing a bit of anxiety and stress in there. Writing these things down and talking to people is a great way to process it and reflect on what you're feeling, and it's fab to see you doing that here. I can personally relate to the health anxiety you mentioned with your blood pressure too - I get that from time to time.
    However, I feel that I have done the wrong thing because my mentor at university questioned me about how it would have made my dad feel when I shared how he has upset with a helpline.
    I want to reassure you that you haven't done the wrong thing here. It actually sounds like you acted really responsibly and healthily by talking to someone outside your home. There's no reason your dad would need to know you spoke to a helpline in the first place, and even if you did want to tell him (which would be fine), his emotional reaction to that isn't your responsibility. The important thing is you're getting support when you need it, and that's brilliant.

Also, if something is real for you, it's real and valid. :) Just because your brother doesn't see that you've had family issues, that doesn't mean they don't exist. Besides, how would he possibly know what you've been experiencing, feeling, and thinking? Only you know what you're going through.

How's your Thursday going so far?
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    Creativeboy23Creativeboy23 Posts: 188 Helping Hand
    Hello @Mike. :)

Yes. I have heard the term many times.

I sure have had a lot of things on my mind. It has been overwhelming for me.

I agree with you about the writing. It can be relieving to get my emotions out. I know. It is fab. I am doing well to share my emotions with others. It shows great strength and courage.

That is true. Thanks for the reassurance.

My Thursday is okay.
  • Options
    amber166amber166 Posts: 7 Confirmed not a robot
    I hope you're having a better day today @Creativeboy23 , we can all have instances where we feel others are against us and I can understand how difficult that is especially when those individuals are family members. I am so glad to hear that you recognise you are doing the right things, and It sounds like you have great insight into your own choices and where to turn when you are experiencing something that bothers you.