Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Still carry the shame with me

Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
Recently, I finished my degree. I still carry the shame with me for being left far behind my peers in life. I am ashamed of having depression. It deprived me of so many things. It made me unrecognisable. It has stolen my good grades. And I am still here, unable to feel like human. Nothing is really solved.
Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 462 Listening Ear
    Hey @Kate_20, thank you so much for reaching out. Firstly, I just want to say congratulations on finishing your degree! Finishing a degree is a massive accomplishment, since studying is so much hard work, and you managed to finish it!

I understand how discouraging and pressuring it feels after knowing that your peers seem to be ahead of you in life. It's so hard to not compare yourself to others, but please remember that we all live different lives. You might see that others may have accomplished more than you, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you haven't accomplished anything, or that you won't. Please understand that your success doesn't depend on to success of your peers.

You are doing so so well despite your depression. Even though it can deprive you of so many things, you're trying your best to function well, so you should praise yourself for your efforts. May I ask, do you have any useful coping strategies for your depression? You also mentioned that you're unable to feel like human. Would you like to tell us more about this?

Please give some time to credit and reward yourself, for working in ways that are challenging and difficult for you.

You're doing so well, please keep on trying your best <3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )