Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I am an arsehole

Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
edited June 2022 in Health & Wellbeing
I shared my MH problems. Now everyone is angry with me. They called me selfish. They threatened me with things I cannot say. I ruined people's lives. I shouldn't be here.
Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo

Comments

• Options
    roxbyroxby Posts: 23 Boards Initiate
    Hi @Kate_20

It sounds like you’re having a really tough time at the moment,

It must have taken a lot of bravery and courage to reach out to others and share your mental health experiences. I’m so sorry to hear that others reacted negatively in response to this.

People have varying knowledge of mental health, and sometimes when people hear others talk about their mental health, they do not always understand. Calling someone selfish may be out of a place of ignorance, however, threatening others is not okay. Do you feel in danger from these threats?

When others do not understand it can be very isolating, leading us to feel like we do not belong. I get the impression that you shared your experiences with family and/or friends? It may be beneficial to share your feelings with people who have a better understanding of mental health, such as your GP or the Samaritans.

You’re not alone <3
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    I’m sorry @Kate_20 you’re definitely not any of those things. For them to say that is just horrible & shows more about them than you
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Completely agree with what’s already been said but just wanted to offer more hugs and support here. Sounds like you’re going through an incredibly tough time. How are you doing today?
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    StellalunaStellaluna Posts: 62 Boards Initiate
    @Kate_20 It was never selfish. You were reaching out for help and support which you need. It must so difficult when people dismiss or judge you for how you feel. Have you tried speaking to anyone else you are close to or tried helplines or your GP as suggested? Remember you are stronger than you think and you can get through this.
  • Options
    Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
    @Stellaluna I hope I can have help, but I can't
    Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
    Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
    El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo
  • Options
    StellalunaStellaluna Posts: 62 Boards Initiate
    @Kate_20 Why do you feel you can't get help? Sometimes it can be difficult to know who to turn to for help and who to trust. It is ok to experience mental health struggles from time to time. You are worthy of seeking help, you are not alone and your difficulties matter. If you feel it is urgent you can always text THEMIX to 85258