Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I have difficulty filling in job application forms

Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
edited October 2023 in Work & Study
I am trying to fill in job application forms but I feel very low. I've got some bad news recently as well. But that feeling was even before I received the bad news. Nobody is going to extend the job application deadlines for me. I cannot concentrate and I feel helpless :(
Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo
Post edited by ebyrne556 on

Comments

• Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    Job applications can be really difficult to complete, especially now there are usually a lot of steps to complete and more questions to answer. I remember when I was younger it was a lot simpler, you could just send your CV. Now there's a cover letter and application questions, and it can take a long time to apply for a job! It's really complicated.

Make sure to be kind to yourself @Kate_20 you're doing the best you can with what you're going through right now. Trying to complete a job application after having some bad news is really difficult and it's understandable to hear you're finding it hard to concentrate. It's okay to take the time you need to look after yourself <3

It sounds like you're applying for more than one job at the moment is that right?
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    @Aife Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I am applying for more than one job because the deadlines of application kind of clash together. I feel awful about the bad news but I have to keep it a secret because I am not allowed to share. I am just anxious and empty.
  • Options
    RenPRenP Posts: 203 Trailblazer
    Hey @Aife

Thank you for sharing with us.

Job applications are so hard these days, there are so many things to consider when you apply for a new job. Updating your CV is hard enough, but writing a cover letter, some places have scenario quizzes, all these forms to fill in etc. We can give so much of our energy to applying and then when we don't hear back from employers it can really weigh us down, especially when you have a time limit or deadline to hit which is added pressure.

Do you feel like there is an urgency to find a job right now?

Be patient with yourself and take things at your own pace. If you can't concentrate, it may be best to listen to your body, and do something you don't need concentration for, like taking a walk in nature? Maybe then you can somewhat clear your mind from everything going on right now. If you are not allowed to share your bad news, are you able to share your feelings surrounding what's happened, without giving it away?

<3
  • Options
    @RenP I feel like it is urgent because my parents won't forgive me if I don't. I find it hard to leave the house. I feel very disappointed.
This discussion has been closed.